• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Families 600 quid worse off due to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post

You think a bank will hesitate to offer whatever a skilled up contractor wants if their project is ballsed up and they need them there?
    You're assuming banking demand for IT contractors will remain the same post Brexit.
    Assumptions, assumptions of continuity - that's what makes many contractors I've known fail.
    Can you not see there are multiple threats to the contracting lifestyle?
    I'm just glad I've made my money plus have the option of automatic working in Europe if necessary to take me to a nice early retirement.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Maybe that's why I'm a millionaire and you're not.
      I always plan for the worst.
      Anyone who thinks contracting, even in the private sector, is going to continue as it is has got to be either naive or stupid.

HTH, BIDI.
      You assume too much. Yet that is irrelevant anyway (as I believe most of your wealth was from BTL was it not? Not some kind of crystal ballgazing power about contracting ).

You can still be a rich idiot, as you prove on a daily basis.

Who & where said things were going to "continue as it is" ?

I've said;
      "Yes, and it 'might' not happen in any meaningful way either, you freekin genius" and,

"You're not aware these 'changes' haven't been confirmed and/or implemented yet (so nobody truly knows yet)?"

but neither of those means what you said, ya rich idiot

HTH BIDI
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        15% wasn't the ceiling %, the clue was the words 'in excess'.

You think a bank will hesitate to offer whatever a skilled up contractor wants if their project is ballsed up and they need them there?
        Well if companies are all offering the same then you've no choice. These rises are only possible because contractors can simply move into the private sector.

Anyway we will see, fact is a lot of contractors in the public sector have accepted a significant pay cut.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

You're assuming banking demand for IT contractors will remain the same post Brexit.
          Assumptions, assumptions of continuity - that's what makes many contractors I've known fail.
          Can you not see there are multiple threats to the contracting lifestyle?
          I'm just glad I've made my money plus have the option of automatic working in Europe if necessary to take me to a nice early retirement.
          Ok, you're right - they'll be no demand for IT projects, cos Brexit won't mean a change at all, to any of their systems.....

Ok, you're right - they're going to want to hire a shedload of permys instead for relatively temporary work, with all that that entails.......

I can see threats, but as ever - we adapt. Plus, nothing is certain yet - the finer details are yet to be finalised.

Option? You always say you're leaving.......
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yes, that and acknowledging that they know you rather than burying the evidence.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe that's why my wife is a millionaire and you're not.
              she puts up with the the worst.
              Anyone who thinks I have a braincell is mistaken.

HTH, BIDI.
              FTFY
              Last edited by vetran; 6 November 2017, 20:15.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Demand for IT contractors in banking has not been great for years.

Mostly due to off-shoring.

Comment

£600 worse off under brexit, sorry to say the country is in a complete state but brexit will get the blame. I visited a local council offices 2 weeks ago and what I saw was so very sad.
                  This country is in a complete mess.

Comment

Working...
                  X