• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: budget raid on freelancers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Yes, we enjoy very significant tax advantages. We also spend months on the bench, have stress at the end of every single gig not knowing if we will have another to go on to, are put through far more rigorous interview processes and generally speaking work harder. I really do not see why the chancellor wishes to punish a legitimate group of hard working individuals.
    Not as significant or advantageous as they used to be...

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Yes, we enjoy very significant tax advantages. We also spend months on the bench, have stress at the end of every single gig not knowing if we will have another to go on to, are put through far more rigorous interview processes and generally speaking work harder. I really do not see why the chancellor wishes to punish a legitimate group of hard working individuals.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Clearly there is also an argument for taxes to be levelled out, why is a contractor paying less tax than a employed colleague? .
    I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    [b]
    Happy about that Brexit vote, Brexiters?
    How does this affect the permie losers on here who voted for Brexit in the mistaken expectation that their jobs were safe?
    I really do hope there's a hard no-deal Brexit. How I'd

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    If he proceeds with this it will not be because of Brexit. There is a huge pressure to spend more on various items.

Clearly there is also an argument for taxes to be levelled out, why is a contractor paying less tax than a employed colleague? This is his it would be sold and it’s hard to argue against.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    KUATB.

Edit: OK, I see you added a link.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: budget raid on freelancers!

Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: budget raid on freelancers!

Philip Hammond eyes £1bn budget raid on freelancers

The chancellor is considering a £1bn raid on freelance workers in a new blitz against “disguised employment” in the private sector.

The mooted crackdown could force businesses to add tens of thousands of self-employed staff to their payroll, driving up their tax bills.

The move — which could be unveiled by Philip Hammond in next month’s budget — is aimed at levelling the playing field between salaried staff and freelancers, who enjoy significant tax advantages if they work as independent contractors.

Repost from original thread posted here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/futur...g-we-know.html

Original source of Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/b...cers-9bm6lsjs6

Happy about that Brexit vote, Brexiters?

Working...
X