• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donald Tusk: EU must stay united or face Brexit 'defeat'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadcasters to abandon Britain in the event of a no deal

However no need to fret Somerset Capital Management is committed to the UK.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 October 2017, 12:54.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      They had enough of having put up with Farage scum over many years, now they are going to get their payment.

Note to future negotiations - don't use antagonistic approach if you really need a good deal, be nice.

Comment

The Brexit Bill

Well explained, clearly a legal obligation and will be paid.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ironically the widely disparate group of EU27 have shown more unity thus far than the Tory cabinet who display all the unity of ferrets fighting in a sack.
          ah AssGuru only interested in the Torie's nut Sacks.

Maybe you missed these?

Brexit: British expats will be able to stay in Spain 'even if there is no deal', foreign minister Alfonso Dastis says | The Independent

Alfonso Dastis said his government would ensure that the lives of ordinary Britons in Spain are "not disrupted" in the event of a "no deal" Brexit.

Spain is host to the largest number of British citizens living in the EU (308,805) and just over a third (101,045) are aged 65 and over, according to the Office for National Statistics.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ce...-idUKKBN18M17D

Brexit latest: Hungarian MP says UK will BENEFIT from 'no trade deal' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Brexit Bill

Which court will they take the UK to?

Comment

The Brexit Bill

yep so clear that the EU can't tell us outright what they believe we owe 17 months after the referendum.

These outstanding annual commitments (estimated to be around €30-35bn on Brexit day) are seen by the EU27 as an absolutely clear-cut obligation.
              For fecks sake!

Its about, up to maybe. then they get upset when we take the mick out of their accounts.

OK I would accept it if they said figure +/- 5% here are our workings. But its a finger up their fundaments.

If I worked for a multi billion $ organisation and the CEO said how much does our second largest customer owe? If we couldn't tell them in hours we would get sacked. Its a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Which court will they take the UK to?
                Australia? That is where the Kangaroos are!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  yep so clear that the EU can't tell us outright what they believe we owe 17 months after the referendum.

For fecks sake!

Its about, up to maybe. then they get upset when we take the mick out of their accounts.

OK I would accept it if they said figure +/- 5% here are our workings. But its a finger up their fundaments.

If I worked for a multi billion $ organisation and the CEO said how much does our second largest customer owe? If we couldn't tell them in hours we would get sacked. Its a farce.

Juncker tells the UK to pay the Brexit bill

Juncker I think puts it quite nicely.

If you are sitting in the bar and you are ordering 28 beers and then suddenly some of your colleagues [are leaving without] paying, that is not feasible. They have to pay. They have to pay.
                  The UK needs to pay the bill, very simple just pay the bill.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Juncker tells the UK to pay the Brexit bill

Juncker I think puts it quite nicely.

The UK needs to pay the bill, very simple just pay the bill.
                    And when we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      And when we don't?

If the UK doesn't pay the bill, it will be very costly for the UK in the longterm

The political price will be hefty because local and regional politicians influence their national governments and their stance towards post-Brexit relations between the EU and the UK. A favourable divorce settlement for the UK – or none at all – may come at a high price for the UK in the long run.
                      In other words local politicians all over the EU will make sure the EU puts the boot in.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X