• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May announces plans for the Second Referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The 1975 referendum to join was NO = 32.7% YES = 67.23%
    The 2016 referendum to remain was NO = 51.89% YES = 48.11%

The average of the two referendums is; Remain 57.67%, we should have remained
    Also in 1975 the vote was to join the EEC.

In 2016 the vote was about leaving European Union.

Does not seem to have been any vote in between the 2 which changed the EEC to the EU though.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Also in 1975 the vote was to join the EEC.

In 2016 the vote was about leaving European Union.

Does not seem to have been any vote in between the 2 which changed the EEC to the EU though.
      In the EEC the UK was subject to laws and regulations from the EEC and anyone from the EEC had a right to a job in the UK.

For the UK things haven't fundamentally changed. It has changed for countries in the Eurozone. The UK isn't in the Eurozone.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        In the EEC the UK was subject to laws and regulations from the EEC and anyone from the EEC had a right to a job in the UK.

For the UK things haven't fundamentally changed. It has changed for countries in the Eurozone. The UK isn't in the Eurozone.
        Big difference between being in a partnership with places like France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and being in a partnership with a wide variety of extra countries such as Bulgaria and Romania and giving their citizens unrestricted access to our shores

Say what you like but in my view anywhere the local air force is flying Mig fighters is not Europe in my view

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          Big difference between being in a partnership with places like France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and being in a partnership with a wide variety of extra countries such as Bulgaria and Romania and giving their citizens unrestricted access to our shores

Say what you like but in my view anywhere the local air force is flying Mig fighters is not Europe in my view
          Indeed very true.

there is also a big difference between 'being in a partnership with' and 'being governed by'.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

Right and which country pushed to get the Eastern European countries in ?
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Indeed very true.

there is also a big difference between 'being in a partnership with' and 'being governed by'.
              Nothing has changed legally that is just a couple of slogans.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

EU doesn't know what the UK wants

Lets face it, the governnment has two simultaneous objectives of staying more or less in the EU and crashing out without a deal depending on who you talk to in the cabinet.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  And change the rules so May is Prime Minister forever.
                  Putin didn't change to rules to that extend, he just stepped down for 1 term, in favor if his PM Medvedev, then swapped back. All legal and according according to the voters wishes...

Comment

Working...
                  X