• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    So your telling me that Brexit was not responsible for the pound dropping and hence causing inflation to rise ?
    Inflation is what it was in 2012 - before the vote. And still historically low. Sterling back to where it was in late 2016. Your contention then I guess is that nurses were better off then?
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Societies in which the gap between rich and poor are small are the most contented.
      Like Venezuela ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        spoken like a multi-millionaire

The modern global economy has brought billions of people out of poverty. The only 'sufferers' (for want of a better word) are the lower middle class, and working class in the G7 countries. The ones who ironically voted for something that will harm them the most in any case.
        Very true.

Comment

Having plenty of time over this week and the next few weeks to go on various web sites, join as a member of the forum and expose Brexit fabrications and misconceptions I have noticed a very sinister trend.

Although many of the assumptions , misconceptions and sometimes downright lies are easily disproved there seems to be a growing trend of spite in some of the responses, its a sort of "well my life is tulip so why shouldn't other people experience what I am?" a lesson to understand their plight.

I do understand that there are a lot of angry people out there who feel that previous generations have let them down and to some extent have some sympathy with that but there is no point arguing with these people as even if the outcome is disaster , and I think some now realise that, in some kind of twisted way its what they want.

So I have now decided to focus my attention on getting the Young Conservatives to vote differently , a few photos of cuddly foxes to pursue them that fox hunting was not a good policy and maybe they are backing the wrong team seem to have gone down well so far.
          Scooterscot is that you?? Scoots, come on tell me is that you.

Comment

So your telling me that Brexit was not responsible for the pound dropping and hence causing inflation to rise ?
            "Uncertainty" is responsible. Same as always.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              "Uncertainty" is responsible. Same as always.

HTH
              That and traders looking to make a quick buck betting against a currency :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Societies in which the gap between rich and poor are small are the most contented.

For a while the mob can be placated with cheap booze and flat screen TVs.
                how about some facts around inequality in the UK...

This shows the gini co-efficient. The higher the number the more unequal.
                So it's not rising massively like the Guardian/Comrade Corbyn says. Although it is higher than in the booming 70s (* if booming means a 3 day week, power cuts, expensive fuel, outside toilets etc. etc.)
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                  Like Venezuela ?
                  Ah. CUK extrapolation. A woman is not pregnant one day and pregnant the next. After 40 weeks she will deliver 280 babies.

If you are going to spot bollox, best to have a sockie account. Or is sasguru one of yours?

Comment

In terms of real issues:

Will the average working / middle class person notice a massive difference in your wallet because of Brexit? No, probably not.

Asked however if that same person will now face a mountain of paperwork when wanting to go on holiday anywhere, or purchase anything from another country the answer is undoubtedly yes because of the god damn customs union issues.

Comment

Any news on the OP's intentions?

Comment

Working...
                      X