• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Brexit economic news is....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The question I always ask myself is if the EU charges ridiculous tariffs on agricultural products why are Swiss and Norwegian supermarkets so expensive. A clue might be the huge queues of lorries at the border. There are also huge queues of Swiss cars at the border to get over to do their shopping in Germany.

The supermarkets have already stated that prices will go up after Brexit.
    It only charges high tariffs on processed food from outside EU , raw materials carry little or no tariff which is the point of tariffs to protect food industries but not hamper raw materials that are not grown in EU but then processed into foods that are consumed or exported from EU.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Any early birds listening to R4's farming program can be entertained by farmers who are already whinging about the government's lack a promise to make good the withdrawal of EU subsidies. Not only that they are also whinging about the possible unfair competition from the USA.
      Bloody parasites. They should understand market forces and get on their bike and find work. Although you'll never see a farmer on a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Bloody parasites. They should understand market forces and get on their bike and find work. Although you'll never see a farmer on a bike.
        You might do after Brexit, them Mercedes are expensive to run.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Mr Macdonald will be soon. He may be old - but had cows, sheep, pigs which made a variety of noises.

After Brexit it will be EU EU Oh.....

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
            You might do after Brexit, them Mercedes are expensive to run.
            Maybe they'll just keep them running forever like Cuba's pre-embargo cars.

Comment

Some Brexiteers have been trumpeting NAFTA as a better alternative to the EU, looks like if the UK does get in it will be just in time for its demise as Trump pulls the US out of it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                It only charges high tariffs on processed food from outside EU , raw materials carry little or no tariff which is the point of tariffs to protect food industries but not hamper raw materials that are not grown in EU but then processed into foods that are consumed or exported from EU.
                Oh ffs. Have a look for yourself. "Raw materials" usually carry the highest tariffs, especially if they compete with French produce. Your ignorance is starting to become slightly irritating.

TARIC Consultation
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The question I always ask myself is if the EU charges ridiculous tariffs on agricultural products why are Swiss and Norwegian supermarkets so expensive. A clue might be the huge queues of lorries at the border. There are also huge queues of Swiss cars at the border to get over to do their shopping in Germany.

The supermarkets have already stated that prices will go up after Brexit.
                  All I know about Norway is that booze is so horrifically expensive that I don't ever want to go there.
                  Ditto Switzerland, except I have been there, and the same goes for their chocolate. I have no idea why they'd put tariffs on their own chocolate, but they obviously do, because a large bar of the stuff in their duty free shops is about the same as 200 fags.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Some Brexiteers have been trumpeting NAFTA as a better alternative to the EU, looks like if the UK does get in it will be just in time for its demise as Trump pulls the US out of it.

Naff-all is starting to look like a better alternative to the EU. Correction, it was almost certainly a better alternative from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Oh ffs. Have a look for yourself. "Raw materials" usually carry the highest tariffs, especially if they compete with French produce. Your ignorance is starting to become slightly irritating.

TARIC Consultation
                      Having looked at a few of your last posts and just about everyone proving you wrong I decided to humour you and just do a quick google on Green coffee imports to the EU. Within 5 seconds I found the answer EU does not impose import duty on Green coffee (raw material).

2.11.2-The markets for coffee-Tariff barriers

Now decided to ignore every posting you make from now on just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X