• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has backed itself into a corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have an upper second in Mathematics from one of the top UK universities. I was depressed a while ago : however life is alot more settled now.

And at least I offer arguments instead of calling everyone a cretin.
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Depression is tulipty.

Presumably your underlying personality disorder remains undiminished.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Presumably your underlying personality disorder remains undiminished.
      I thought that's 90% of CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I thought that's 90% of CUK.
        Cretinism is not a personality disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          And Calais, Oustend, Le Harve etc etc.

quite, but the difference is how much of the consumables on the mainland are supplied by Britain (not many the mainland is very sefl sufficient) and how many vice versa

the supply chain into the UK will be fecked, the supply chain out of the UK, what's that a few jars of Marmite to the English Shops in each European capitol will not matter

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            makes me wonder if the strategy is total brinkmanship from the British side, I mean, we tell them we're leaving, we sign the divorce papers saying we're going to leave, but then we don't actually pack our bags or make alternative arrangements and we hope that when the time comes they persuade us not to leave or just ignore and forget the whole leaving thing happened

this is going to be better than EastEnders and Who Shot JR all in one

it is going to interesting to see if on the last day of Article 27 the EU actually enacts the consequences, eg borders etc and trade

I am convinced they will, May said she can be stubborn, well our German friends are very good at sticking to the letter and sticklers for detail

the worst case at the moment is that at the end of the Article 27 period there is going to be a massive queue at Dover

maybe time to stock up on consumables

Milan.
            It's the mentality of the Tory politicians in particular the ex-Etonions.
            They all have illusions that they should be given special treatment in shops and restaurants etc.
            They also believe the law does not apply to them. They cannot face reality.
            In they same way they believe the rest of Europe will have to follow what they want in Brexit negotiations.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

While I agree with most of what is written in that article, I do think you should have named the author as the fact that it was written by a Mr Nick Clegg does add some context.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                While I agree with most of what is written in that article, I do think you should have named the author as the fact that it was written by a Mr Nick Clegg does add some context.
                Regrettably, the current national leadership make Nick Clegg look like a principled colossus.

Comment

We can only hope EU members agree to provide a 'get out of jail free' card, the UK badly needs it. The road ahead if filled with potholes. BoJo and others make it sounds like a freshly laid autobahn. Truth be told, we've now had a taste and we don't like.

I'm sure if the EU offered to rescind A50, forget it was ever done, make things as before rather than the alternative, the UK would jump in with both feet.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    We can only hope EU members agree to provide a 'get out of jail free' card, the UK badly needs it. The road ahead if filled with potholes. BoJo and others make it sounds like a freshly laid autobahn. Truth be told, we've now had a taste and we don't like.

I'm sure if the EU offered to rescind A50, forget it was ever done, make things as before rather than the alternative, the UK would jump in with both feet.
                    It's amazing how the people of this country could fight and win two world wars and drag themselves up from having nothing to rebuilding this great country.

It's amazing because we still have risk adverse, drivel like you in the gene pool, I'm glad we still have a few lions in this country to make up for your piss poor excuse of ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      It's amazing how the people of this country could fight and win two world wars and drag themselves up from having nothing to rebuilding this great country.

It's amazing because we still have risk adverse, drivel like you in the gene pool, I'm glad we still have a few lions in this country to make up for your piss poor excuse of ambition.
                      That's the spirit!

Comment

Working...
                      X