• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit - Do you think we can just ask everyone nicely to forget about it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Can you imagine the grief Brexiteers would get from the remain camp if the result had been the other way round (i.e. stay in the EU) and we kept whining on about a second referendum.

Voters are (allegedly) all adults and as such should be able to make their minds up, vote and then live with the majority decision.. Or would you rather have second (or a third or a fourth.. rinse and repeat) referendum every time the vote didn't go your way?

Pathetic.

MTFU.
    Like old Adolf
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Like old Adolf
      You should know....

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Nobody except for the 51.9% majority.... it's called democracy.. get over it.
        Can you imagine the grief Brexiteers would get from the remain camp if the result had been the other way round (i.e. stay in the EU) and we kept whining on about a second referendum.

Voters are (allegedly) all adults and as such should be able to make their minds up, vote and then live with the majority decision.. Or would you rather have second (or a third or a fourth.. rinse and repeat) referendum every time the vote didn't go your way?

Pathetic.

MTFU.
        Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win - Mirror Online

Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win
        The Ukip leader speaks to the Mirror’s Associate Editor Kevin Maguire and warns that a '52-48 result would be unfinished business'

Comment

Yes but when everyone on here ridicules the man, why do they always trot this quote out?

If you think the man is a tit stop quoting him.

Comment

We can have as many referendums as we want.

I think you'll find that most "Remoaners" would be perfectly happy with a referendum every two years if there was a demands for one, even if they won one, there was certainly no out cry when the first one was announced.

The reason why there is such an outcry about a second referendum is because the "winners" know it was a fluke and that 9 times out of 10 they'd lose.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Nobody except for the 51.9% majority.... it's called democracy.. get over it.
              If Labour had got in I'm sure you would've respected that and not complained people had made a stupid choice... or you're a hypocrite who demands democracy is respected only when it agrees with your own view.

Brexit is such a vast and complicated thing that there are really no definitive answers. A multi-year set of negotiations can easily reach the point that by the end, nobody wants what is agreed anymore. Equally each party (or even each MP) has their own vision for what Brexit should look like and what direction to push the negotiations in, so why should the version of Brexit we get come down to who is PM presiding over things.
              The referendum left things rather trapped... maybe it should've asked "should we trigger Article 50". As it is the people have spoken and the politicians have agreed to follow them but by the time things are being finalised, that will be years in the past.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's exactly what you'd have done.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nothing wrong with referendums, it's what democracy is all about. I actually quite enjoy them and General elections

Before the referendum there was never ending moaning about Europe, in spite of the clear decision in 1975.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Nothing wrong with referendums, it's what democracy is all about. I actually quite enjoy them and General elections

Before the referendum there was never ending moaning about Europe, in spite of the clear decision in 1975.
                    The clear decision for a common market.

There should have been a referendum on Maastricht. Though even if the UK had voted against, they would probably have been told to keep voting until the right answer was voted for.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Yes but when everyone on here ridicules the man, why do they always trot this quote out?

If you think the man is a tit stop quoting him.
                      Always worth showing the hypocrisy of the Brownshirt Brexit patriots.

Comment

Working...
                      X