• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the EU is making a successful Brexit Difficult

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The EU wants the UK to be ruined as a punishment for leaving.

The UK will make a jolly good go of it. We always do.
    That's the spirit!

Comment

The EU has too many PIIGS at the trough to allow anything reasonable other than continuing to try to milk the cash cow that is 'treasure island'.

In a global market that can be impacted by ransomware in an instant, maybe the EU model is due a replacement, and as has happened so many times in the past the UK is leading the way.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        The EU has too many PIIGS at the trough to allow anything reasonable other than continuing to try to milk the cash cow that is 'treasure island'.

In a global market that can be impacted by ransomware in an instant, maybe the EU model is due a replacement, and as has happened so many times in the past the UK is leading the way.
        Who are London's PIIGS within the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          That's the spirit!

Why not. Why must we consume at +2% p/a?

There is a huge and growing debt mountain.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Why not. Why must we consume at +2% p/a?

There is a huge and growing debt mountain.
            What % drop in domestic consumption of goods do you propose?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The EU wants the UK to be ruined as a punishment for leaving.

The UK will make a jolly good go of it. We always do.
              BS, The EU do not want to ruin the UK. Brexiters have gone on and on and on for ages about how the UK are one to the EU's biggest customers, so according to Brexiters logic, it is not in the best interest of the EU to punish/ruin the UK.
              It is the UK that is (supposed to be) trying to negotiate trade terms, citizens rights, etc. The word was "negotiate", not "demand and only accept"

The Telegraph article quoted above talked about how British Army servicemen had protected EU citizens. Would that be because of NATO, or because of the EU? Oh, no, that's too confusing. The Alt-right are trying to convince people that Brexit is about leaving a corrupt group of countries run by the elite few. Instead the alt right Brexiters are wanting a country where only certain skin colours, certain religions, certain birth certificates are allowed and all others should be loaded into trains and sent "home", unless they want the Brexit slogan of "freedom through work"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What % drop in domestic consumption of goods do you propose?
                If we are heading to WTO then I imagine domestic consumption will fall a little, but EU goods consumption will fall further still.

I don't see belt tightening as inherently bad news. Save the planet and all that.

Comment

If we are heading to WTO then I imagine domestic consumption will fall a little, but EU goods consumption will fall further still.

I don't see belt tightening as inherently bad news. Save the planet and all that.
                  How many UK workers do you think will end up unemployed?

Comment

How many UK workers do you think will end up unemployed?
                    Very few. I think we could see the UK population decline, and that would offset the number of jobs available falling a little.

Comment

Very few. I think we could see the UK population decline, and that would offset the number of jobs available falling a little.
                      What effect would the decline in the UK population have on the number of jobs?

Comment

Working...
                      X