• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The ship is sinking. The rats are leaving...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ship is sinking. The rats are leaving...

Jean-Claude Juncker 'doubts EU will remain united during Brexit talks', as he says he will not seek second term

Jean-Claude Juncker 'doubts EU will remain united during Brexit talks', as he says he will not seek second term

The reason I voted out is because I consider the EU is a failing project and we're better off in the lifeboats than staying on the ship as it turns turtle...

Originally posted by RetSet View Post

The reason I voted out is because I consider the EU is a failing project and we're better off in the lifeboats than staying on the ship as it turns turtle...
    He's a presumptuous little bugger isn't he. His snout is deeper in the trough than most, such that even his fellow troughers (MEPs) probably wouldn't have wanted him back for a second term anyway.

(Cue the remoaner trolls...)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Good riddance. Complete smegger.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        ...(Cue the remoaner trolls...)

What the more hard-of-thinking Brexiters seem unable to grasp is that thinking Britain would have been better off in the EU does not mean that we think that the EU, its institutions and personnel are perfect. For a start, Farage is an MEP, and we're hardly fans of his.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

What the more hard-of-thinking Brexiters seem unable to grasp is that thinking Britain would have been better off in the EU does not mean that we think that the EU, its institutions and personnel are perfect. For a start, Farage is an MEP, and we're hardly fans of his.
          And claiming a salary from the EU which goes against the principles of UKIP's founder.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Germans are pulling together billions of €'s in gold bars back to Frankfurt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/b...bank.html?_r=0

Getting ready for the Euro collapse...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I thought long and hard whether the EU would/could change with the UK on the inside. After Cameron's failed renegotiation combined with weak handling of the migrant crisis and debt crisis - all of which had great opportunities for reform - I came to the conclusion that the EU is incapable of reforming.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                I thought long and hard whether the EU would/could change with the UK on the inside. After Cameron's failed renegotiation combined with weak handling of the migrant crisis and debt crisis - all of which had great opportunities for reform - I came to the conclusion that the EU is incapable of reforming.
                Camoron was tulip at negotiating. He wasn't like Thatcher, Blair, Brown or even Clegg. For a start you don't tell some foreign leader I will definitely win a referendum then start begging for concessions.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Camoron was tulip at negotiating. He wasn't like Thatcher, Blair, Brown or even Clegg. For a start you don't tell some foreign leader I will definitely win a referendum then start begging for concessions.
                  Would have expected as leader to have had a rudimentary post brexit vote plan. Nothing. Just s quick resignation and a massive vacuum. Arrogant Twat.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Junker is just but one man. We've many members of parliament in the UK who are even more despicable.

Listen to Guy Verhofstadt, our 'EU negotiator', one of the most sensible chaps out there at the minute. No one is talking about political integration on the levels of vitriol spouted the Brexiters. He talks about the common threats facing Europe as a whole. The UK was a decisive influence in shaping the EU.

Indeed the need for shared services. Stuff you might not even consider, like air traffic control in our ever busier skies. A sector I used to work in, I can't imagine a return to the 80 early 90's handing aircraft from the continent to the UK with only a timetable to go by. Crazy.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X