• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit rebellion building in Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I’m just tired of it all and the viciousness and lack of tolerance that's spilling into other areas of life.

I’ll squash it when I see it or I’m alerted to it.
    Well you see, there was this referendum, only advisory mind you, however a number of people voted Leave and some voted Remain and this has now caused a great tension across the country. Mind you, there are people who voted Leave but then changed their mind and want to Remain and I suspect that if the result had been the other way and people had actually voted properly after doing a bit of research and having a bit of foresight, this sub-forum and the bitterness would not exist.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      ...people had actually voted properly after doing a bit of research and having a bit of foresight, this sub-forum and the bitterness would not exist.
      That assumes the remain and leave arguments would be clearly presented with no obfuscation, manipulation, or outright lies by either party, backed by an impartial media that would give concise facts about the state of things and what the effects of remaining or leaving would be.

Not a bloody chance.

So we as citizens shouldn't be angry with each other but with the government that has done the damage. It's not 'remoaners' vs 'brexidiots' but the government would prefer we vent the frustration and resulting anger on ourselves than them so they can continue to be corrupt self serving duplicitous scumbags pretending to be incompetent buffoons.

Twas ever thus.

It'll be alright in the end, so 'chillax'.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Well you see, there was this referendum, only advisory mind you, however a number of people voted Leave and some voted Remain and this has now caused a great tension across the country. Mind you, there are people who voted Leave but then changed their mind and want to Remain and I suspect that if the result had been the other way and people had actually voted properly after doing a bit of research and having a bit of foresight, this sub-forum and the bitterness would not exist.
        This is a code monkey forum. We should hit that requirement with a software sledgehammer. Allow me write it up for admin in the behavioural style:

Given a People's Vote that results in brexit
        When the expats of CUK become terribly upset
        Then we should restrict access to all CUK expats from the CUK mince subforum

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          This is a code monkey forum. We should hit that requirement with a software sledgehammer. Allow me write it up for admin in the behavioural style:

Given a People's Vote that results in brexit
          When the expats of CUK become terribly upset
          Then we should restrict access to all CUK expats from the CUK mince subforum

You really do need a snowflake safe space away from the clever meanies!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            It's high time the adults took the helm.
            If you mean Brexiters, they've all minced away because no one wants to be associated with the pain that's to come.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              We should prioritise the supply of comfort blankets, Rosacea supplements and bedtime stories to CUK expats.

Slight logic failure there.
              CUK expats won't be hit by failures in the supply chain, gammons like you will.
              But then you're not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Slight logic failure there.
                CUK expats won't be hit by failures in the supply chain, gammons like you will.
                But then you're not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?
                Weak.

Comment

No deal is no problem.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 November 2018, 13:25.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
                    Feck that, I'm buying baked beans & shotgun cartridges.

You can never have too many shotgun cartridges.

I wonder if there'll be plenty of tinned unicorn in Tesco's.
                    Amazon is your friend:

https://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Eas.../dp/B0089KZPNU
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

So we as citizens shouldn't be angry with each other but with the government that has done the damage. It's not 'remoaners' vs 'brexidiots' but the government would prefer we vent the frustration and resulting anger on ourselves than them so they can continue to be corrupt self serving duplicitous scumbags pretending to be incompetent buffoons.

Twas ever thus.

It'll be alright in the end, so 'chillax'.
                      You'll get nowhere on here talking sense like that. Once the Bremaoners get back from changing their underwear they will be all over it like a cheap suit.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X