• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jim Mellon - Pro Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greece debt problem is often misunderstood by Eurosceptics who argue that Greece can't recover because the loans are too much of a burden. However Greece isn't paying interest on most of its loans as they've been given an "interest holiday" while they sort themselves out. Eurosceptics don't understand this basic fact. Writing off the debts would make no difference as Greece isn't paying any interest. Once Greece has recovered then it will slowly pay off the loans. By the time they do, the loans will have shrunk to a manageable level. By not defaulting as Eurosceptics argue means they still have access to the markets to raise new loans, which they wouldn't have had, had they followed the Eurosceptics' advice.

It's good to see that this debate has come to a successful conclusion and that the Eurosceptics have concluded they have nothing useful to add to counter the above argument.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The Greece debt problem is often misunderstood by Eurosceptics who argue that Greece can't recover because the loans are too much of a burden. However Greece isn't paying interest on most of its loans as they've been given an "interest holiday" while they sort themselves out. Eurosceptics don't understand this basic fact. Writing off the debts would make no difference as Greece isn't paying any interest. Once Greece has recovered then it will slowly pay off the loans. By the time they do, the loans will have shrunk to a manageable level. By not defaulting as Eurosceptics argue means they still have access to the markets to raise new loans, which they wouldn't have had, had they followed the Eurosceptics' advice.

It's good to see that this debate has come to a successful conclusion and that the Eurosceptics have concluded they have nothing useful to add to counter the above argument.

You literally have typed nonsense. But i respect that, despite your head injuries and I'm assuming that's why you are struggling, you still give it a go. Well done and don't become disheartened. You are a credit to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        You literally have typed nonsense. But i respect that, despite your head injuries and I'm assuming that's why you are struggling, you still give it a go. Well done and don't become disheartened. You are a credit to yourself.
        Does it literally make no sense to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Does it literally make no sense to you?
          Classic Greg.

Comment

Classic Greg.
            If only we had some classic woohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              If only we had some classic woohoo.
              Hoho another classic Greg funny.

Comment

Hoho another classic Greg funny.
                Really. You used to post some fun witty banter. Now it's all anger. Dig deep and restore your former glories.

Comment

Greece is currently growing at twice the rate of the UK and actually has a budget surplus.

Isn't that interesting, and weighed down with all that debt.

Economic activity speaks louder than words or should I say drivel.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Greece is currently growing at twice the rate of the UK and actually has a budget surplus.

Isn't that interesting, and weighed down with all that debt.

Economic activity speaks louder than words or should I say drivel.

There you go bb keep at it, keep mashing the keyboard. But as a friend that’s your most embarrassing post yet. But do not get disheartened, look at old Greg he never gives up.

Comment

In case anyone cares, Greece, despite some recent mild growth, has a GDP per capita approximately 60% of what it was in 2008 and still only about 90% of what it was in 2014. Greek unemployment is still at 18%, youth unemployment over 40%.

Comment

Working...
                      X