• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie to contract same company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roach View Post
    That's the thing though, I'll have to clarify equivalent to what? My take home pay or do I factor in all the benefits to bump up the day rate.
    You factor in the benefits. Get a quote for Sickness Insurance - add that in. Are they currently paying into your pension? Add that in too. Then bump up the rate to account for the 4 weeks paid holiday you'll be losing. The think of anything else you're going to be losing out on.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

No not redundancy, can't take the current role I'm in anymore and fancy a change. To be honest if I get offered the other contract I'll probably go for it even if it does mean staying away.
      Don't know where you are based but staying away could be the case for a very long time so have to ask yourself if you are prepared to do it for that long.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

South wales based so could possibly commute as far as Bristol at a push, but cardiff or newport more realistic.

Comment

South wales based so could possibly commute as far as Bristol at a push, but cardiff or newport more realistic.
          Need to do your research before you jump to see if you are going to be able to get regular work in those areas then. If you can't... well you see your problem don't you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Don't know where you are based but staying away could be the case for a very long time so have to ask yourself if you are prepared to do it for that long.
            Agree. Don't go into contracting off the back of a knee-jerk reaction. Hotel rooms look nice for all of about a week.

Comment

Working...
            X