• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[How] is that different?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      [How] is that different?
      You are still an employee but your employer has no work for you so has temporarily laid you off and is not paying you. However, if you are looking for contracts for your Ltd, isn't that working, even if not being paid?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Surely that counts as "actively seeking work" which is what you are supposed to do whilst signing on isn't it?
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          Surely that counts as "actively seeking work" which is what you are supposed to do whilst signing on isn't it?
          You aren't actively seeking work - you are actively seeking to find a client for your company. Some would say that as a director of the company, that was your job anyway.

Unless you are looking for someone to take you on as an employee, or inside IR35.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What if your employer (you) employs you on a zero-hours contract? Then you can remain on JSA and they only pay you the weeks you don't earn enough - or at least I think it used to work that way?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

According to Citizens Advice (linky),

For JSA a claimant must not be in 'remunerative work' meaning at least 16 hrs per week
              I guess the argument is that you either aren't spending 16 hours working for your company, or if you are you aren't being paid, so that's your get out.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                According to Citizens Advice (linky),

I guess the argument is that you either aren't spending 16 hours working for your company, or if you are you aren't being paid, so that's your get out.
                He's a crafty bugger so I guessed he had all bases covered.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                X