• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dty
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    monkey's
    Damn, beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    monkeys
    monkey's

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're that desperate for money between contracts, why not get a nice bar job or something?
    Because the Dole Office might catch you and throw the book at you.

PC

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're that desperate for money between contracts, why not get a nice bar job or something?
    Or just forgo the bottle of Bollinger RD with the evening meal and slum it with a Veuve Clicquot or something instead.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    but regardless of what I said you would think claiming benefits when your business is not generating income yet still has the ability to pay you a wage appears to fail the 'Being in business for yourself' edict.

Problem is though, as already pointed out, IR35 is about each contract, not how you view your business.
    I had a few days this week working with the rest of my project team, in the same place, and somehow it came up in passing.

It would certainly seem to fail the business test, but not IR35, I guess is the upshot.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I could be wrong and really don't give a monkies but just thought I would throw that in in case it helps.
    monkeys

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
    Apart from anything else it sounds like a load of hassle to me.
    This is true but if you are in a situation where 50 quid a week means something to you and you can deal with the morals/ethics of it it does (arguably) appear it is possible. Question is would you be daft enough to humiliate yourself on a forum of your peers by being proud of doing it and defending it.

Leave a comment:

• TheDandy
    replied
    Apart from anything else it sounds like a load of hassle to me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So it wouldn't be an indicator of employment, that as soon as you leave the client you are unemployed and need to claim JSA?
    but regardless of what I said you would think claiming benefits when your business is not generating income yet still has the ability to pay you a wage appears to fail the 'Being in business for yourself' edict.

Problem is though, as already pointed out, IR35 is about each contract, not how you view your business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X