• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boat as office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A company used to pitch up every year at Southampton Boat Show with a "boat office"

So it is possible. However I'm not sure how seaworthy it would be, so duality of purpose - the fatal thorn in most buy-a-boat-in-my-company-schemes - would be scuppered.

Quite a nice working outlook though.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      But don't sink too much in.
      All together now:

It's fun to charter an accountant
      And sail the wide accountancy,
      To find, explore the funds offshore
      And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

It can be manly in insurance.
      We'll up your premium semi-annually.
      It's all tax deductible.
      We're fairly incorruptible,
      We're sailing on the wide accountancy!
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, both serious and funny!

The mooring is at the bottom of my garden, so power and internet are not an issue at all.

It's a river, so not too many waves, so sea sickness should not be a problem either!

Comment

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post

The mooring is at the bottom of my garden, so power and internet are not an issue at all.

It's a river, so not too many waves, so sea sickness should not be a problem either!
          Sell the mooring and boat to a holding company in the Dutch Antilles using money loaned from your Ltd and then lease it to your Ltd from the holding company with the lease denominated in Baltic Dry Index future options.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post

You lucky git.

It sounds this is no different then really to asking "can I work from my shed"?!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if you're born on a German ship in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, then you can claim to be German.

So, if you had a Swiss boat at the bottom of your garden that was your place of work....

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                I'm pretty sure that if you're born on a German ship in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, then you can claim to be German.

So, if you had a Swiss boat at the bottom of your garden that was your place of work....
                I'm pretty sure that if you're born on any ship in any part of any ocean, then you can claim to be German.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

An old thread but this is currently crossing my mind. I have a place in Costa-del-Sol and anticipate working over there from my own premises. The trouble is, it's not really suitable as the inside space isn't massive. However, there's around 140 sq metres of outside terracing and so I considered extending or building a 'porto' office. However, there's also a very nice marina on the coast. You can see where this is heading can't you? Bad idea?

Comment

Yup.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can you claim travel from your main office if your main office is the means of conveyance?
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X