• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send wrong amount in invoices for a few months.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by rvarela View Post
    Well,

After I spoken with the finance assistant, she asked me to provide the letter where they raised my day rate, and the invoice for the under charged amount. But she was pendant of the COO approval on this.

Today I recieved this email.

"Hi Raul,

Thanks for sending us the copies. I’ve spoken to Michael about this, unfortunately, as it was your responsibility to bill XXX correctly, I am afraid we cannot accept the back dated amendment to these paid invoices. If you have further questions, please let us know."

I honestly thought they were to respond in a positive way, I´m really surprised about this cold answer. So I think I will take some legal advice on this, as I don´t think there´s any specific clause on the contract that support this decision.

What do you guys think? By the way, any legal service that you would recommend for this issue? what company do you use?

Thanks.
    That is well tight. Fair enough they might say your fault you'll have to wait while we sort it all out but to say you aint having it at all is just wrong.

Quite possibly though this Michael is throwing his toys out of the cot just because its hassle for them and not their fault. Or trying it on because they're £4K worse off than they thought (not that its a big amount).

Either way I'd be kicking off to get paid for this....
    Last edited by psychocandy; 15 April 2014, 20:00.

Leave a comment:

• rvarela
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    You not following their procedures might given them reason to not pay you on time, but it doesn't give them reason not to pay you at all.

Send an invoice for the outstanding amount. Then follow up with a solicitor's letter after 30 days with the threat of interest etc. It will only cost you a couple of quid.
    Thanks for you suggestion, I don't really understand why are they acting in this way, for them it's not money and honestly it makes them look greedy.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Either they are trying it on or are totally naive / incompetent.

You made a mistake, that does not change the fact that they owe you the money they agreed to pay under contract.

Just write them a letter stating that you are sorry about the inconvenience but reminding them about the outstanding amount with a copy of the invoice.

If they don't pay up, follow normal recovery procedures.

Leave a comment:

• rvarela
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
    How much are you looking at?
    It's about £4.000

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    You not following their procedures might given them reason to not pay you on time, but it doesn't give them reason not to pay you at all.

Send an invoice for the outstanding amount. Then follow up with a solicitor's letter after 30 days with the threat of interest etc. It will only cost you a couple of quid.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by rvarela View Post
    Well,

After I spoken with the finance assistant, she asked me to provide the letter where they raised my day rate, and the invoice for the under charged amount. But she was pendant of the COO approval on this.

"Hi Raul,

Thanks for sending us the copies. I’ve spoken to Michael about this, unfortunately, as it was your responsibility to bill XXXX correctly, I am afraid we cannot accept the back dated amendment to these paid invoices. If you have further questions, please let us know."

I honestly thought they were to respond in a positive way, I´m really surprised about this cold answer. So I think I will take some legal advice on this, as I don´t think there´s any specific clause on the contract that support this decision.

What do you guys think? By the way, any legal service that you would recommend for this issue? what company do you use?

Thanks.
    How much are you looking at?
    Last edited by Brian Potter; 15 April 2014, 11:51. Reason: Removed company name

Leave a comment:

• rvarela
    replied
    Well,

"Hi Raul,

Thanks for sending us the copies. I’ve spoken to Michael about this, unfortunately, as it was your responsibility to bill "XXXX" correctly, I am afraid we cannot accept the back dated amendment to these paid invoices. If you have further questions, please let us know."

Thanks.
    Last edited by rvarela; 15 April 2014, 11:46.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    With any reputable company it should not be a problem if full and verifiable details are provided.

I once invoiced for a period twice and got paid, told the client and took it off my next one. Too honest by far me.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    2 years/3 contracts in and I still start prepping next month's invoice days before month end, excited at the prospect of all that lovely dough soon to be invoiced!
    Same 'ere too!! Even though I know the amount going into the bank I still check...check again, and then have another look...LOL

I don't think I could ever go back to monthly payslips. I think I'm addicted to invoices etc.

Last edited by Brian Potter; 11 April 2014, 16:56. Reason: tulip

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I don't see a problem here, if you've undercharged you just sent them a corrected invoice with the difference.

Happens all the time.

The client has actually profited from the undercharging as they've had extra money in the bank so alleviating any potential cash flow problems, bank charges, extra interest etc etc.

They might even send you a thankyou letter

It will just be handled by a couple of "automatons" in the accounts department who will simply check against the previous invoices and the contract, no-one else will be involved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X