• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

switching from Limited Company to Umbrella with same client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    He's going from LTD to Umbrella not the other way round or am I missing something?
    I think Wanderer got the wrong end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyMan View Post
      Hello Forum members
      I am thinking of winding down my limited company and start invoicing a client through an umbrella company instead and I have a set a question which you might be able to answer.

Have ever had a problem changing company you invoice through with a client upon renewal?
      will HMRC cause me any headache if I am winding down company but still working for same client through an umbrella company?
      could entrepreneur relief be affected?
      any eventual issues with IR35?
      Did you finally go to this route? Any issues? hope you are still receiving forum messages...
      I am in a similar situation but also moving abroad, so I'd like to close the company before the end of the year because the tax year in the new country is from Jan-Dec and the % for Capital Gains is much higher than the 10% Entrepreneurs Relief. That's why I am thinking in working in the same client as an umbrella for the last 2 months of the year (assuming 40% tax in the 2 "salaries").
      Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
      X