• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

accountant no filed corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bella15
    replied
    advise please!

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    This.

I have an alert set up with Companies House to let me know when things are being filed - if I don't get one at the right kind of time, I then start to worry.
    How do you do this? My Husband has registered his company through his accountant's address - even for all letters from HMRC to go there!!! Also, we pay the accountant directly, not HMRC when it comes to year end 😟

Leave a comment:

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    There should never be any need to make a tax payment direct to accountant.

Sometimes we request a HMRC cheque is sent to us, payable to "HMRC", so we can send it on with allocation instructions - useful if there is a reference problem at HMRC - but anyone who is asked to pay a tax amount via a payment made out to their accountant should be on their guard.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    How can you NOT know you've paid no corp. tax for three years?
    Accountant tells you to send them a cheque and they will pay it as your agent to HMRC
    Accountant gives you their bank details as HMRC
    You pay HMRC and accountant files a return with Nil tax owed and claims the repayment

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.
    Is what happened to the accountant that did the above.

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    How can you NOT know you've paid no corp. tax for three years?

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Prediction: the OP will not post again under this username
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Andrew@Wisteria
    replied
    Originally posted by swingm View Post
    I am having trouble getting hold of my accountant, the HMRC say he hasn't filed my companies accounts for three years and have given me a massive estimated tax bill and companies house are threatening to prosecute me if my accounts are not filed. Can anyone help? How do I get him to do the job asked or get my records from him so I can change accountant?
    Your new accountant can request all the relevant records in order to prepare the accounts. For future reference here is a useful link to CH website where you can sign up to filing reminders.

eReminder service

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Prediction: the OP will not post again

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    So you paid no CT for three years?

Didn't you wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    accountant no filed corporation tax

Have you actually paid any VAT/CT to HMRC? Or did ur accountant do it?

Not Darren Upton is it?

Leave a comment:

• Craig at Nixon Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by swingm View Post
    I am having trouble getting hold of my accountant, the HMRC say he hasn't filed my companies accounts for three years and have given me a massive estimated tax bill and companies house are threatening to prosecute me if my accounts are not filed. Can anyone help? How do I get him to do the job asked or get my records from him so I can change accountant?
    Has the accountant prepared the accounts and not filed them or have they not even prepared them? Have you signed off any accounts that have been prepared? If you have the accounts then you can file them yourself in order to stop any further interest/penalties accumulating. Have you paid the Corporation Tax to HMRC despite the accounts not being filed?

Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X