• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Accountant who provides address to setup a company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Accountant who provides address to setup a company

Hi All,

Sorry if the question has been asked before in this forum.

I am looking for a good accountant who is able to provide service of giving UK address for me to setup a company.

Thank you for your attention in this post and look forward to reading good replies.

Regards,
    TD

Most accountants will be happy to be your service address and registered office address. Many are free, some make a nominal charge.

My advice is to choose your accountant based on talking to them and seeing who you have a rapport with.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      My advice is to choose your accountant based on talking to them and seeing who you have a rapport with.
      The only issue with this is a new enquirer will usually speak to a salesperson rather than the accountant who they will be dealing with.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        The only issue with this is a new enquirer will usually speak to a salesperson rather than the accountant who they will be dealing with.
        Sometimes - but you can always ask to be put through to the person you'll be dealing with on a day to day basis, I can't see why that would be an issue for any firm.

I've always enjoyed talking to new potential clients, give you a chance to build up a relationship before they come on board which then makes life easier going forward. Plus the client knows you before they sign up, so they know what they're getting into
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Another point to remember is that while many accountants will allow you to 'officially' register your company at their office, some won't allow you to use it as a trading address. This means you'll need another address to receive trade related mail - e.g. bank statements, remittance notes from agencies, etc.

Can I take a guess that you're relocating from overseas? In which case, as Clare mentioned, draw up a shortlist of accountants, give them a call and be sure to explain your circumstances in detail to ensure their service works for you.
          Insightful accountancy for contractors | Find us on Facebook | Follow @inniaccounts

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I almost always believe personal recommendation based on own experience, that's why I'm asking the question.

TD
            Last edited by testerdeveloper2013; 9 May 2013, 11:31.

Comment

TD, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm reading that you are coming to the UK and therefore you don't just need a company registered office, put probably an address for personal banking, tax, establishing banking, etc?

If so, a lot of accountants would be nervous about that. If the client then does a runner you end up with no end of hassle finding off bureaucracy.

Can you be a bit more explicit on what you require?

Comment

Working...
              X