• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1 limited company with 2 fee-earning employees vs. 2 separate companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What does your accountant suggest?
    I'm still waiting a response from him

Meanwhile, I would like to have different points of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Parmesan View Post
      I'm still waiting a response from him

Meanwhile, I would like to have different points of view.
      Mines said bung it into one and I did.

Comment

Well if people are bothering to search ...

Originally posted by philip@wellwoodhoyle View Post
        VAT - You would probably both be VAT registered anyway so the VAT threshold is not an issue. Flat rate scheme can easily work - use different rate for each different income stream.
        This is no longer the case (assuming it ever was).

"Choose the sector for which your business gets the greater part of its turnover. Do not split your turnover, or apply more than one percentage."
        - VAT Notice 733

Comment

Remember also for the FRS that to initially qualify your expected turn over should be 150k. However the limit before you have to exit is 250k I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Underbase View Post
            Remember also for the FRS that to initially qualify your expected turn over should be 150k. However the limit before you have to exit is 250k I believe.
            https://www.gov.uk/vat-flat-rate-scheme/eligibility

Comment

Working...
            X