• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 furor amongst the pidgeons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Par for the course with HMRC and horribly stressful for you.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomfwd View Post
      I have an ongoing IR35 investigation and in 14 months the following has happened -

HMRC - send us copies of all your contracts for the last 4 years and can we meet
      Reply - here is the contracts for last year, you shouldn't have asked for earlier years at that point in an enquiry and no we wont meet
      HMRC - 6 months without a response then please complete this questionaire and give me a contact name at ClientCo
      Reply - completed questionaire and 'no you can't have a client contact'
      HMRC - not enough info to make a decision, can we talk to the client, have a copy of the upper level contract
      Reply - no you can't have a client contact but happy to facilitate the the completion of a 'Confirmation of Arrangements', please send a template in the format you would like to be completed
      Sent chasers
      HMRC - further requests for meetings with me, the client and a copy of the upper level contract

I have professional representation but this is so frustrating - 14 months and it hasn't really gone anywhere !!
      Is this a good case for not having a named client contact on the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by zoomfwd View Post
        I have an ongoing IR35 investigation and in 14 months the following has happened -

HMRC - send us copies of all your contracts for the last 4 years and can we meet
        Reply - here is the contracts for last year, you shouldn't have asked for earlier years at that point in an enquiry and no we wont meet
        HMRC - 6 months without a response then please complete this questionaire and give me a contact name at ClientCo
        Reply - completed questionaire and 'no you can't have a client contact'
        HMRC - not enough info to make a decision, can we talk to the client, have a copy of the upper level contract
        Reply - no you can't have a client contact but happy to facilitate the the completion of a 'Confirmation of Arrangements', please send a template in the format you would like to be completed
        Sent chasers
        HMRC - further requests for meetings with me, the client and a copy of the upper level contract

I have professional representation but this is so frustrating - 14 months and it hasn't really gone anywhere !!
        Zoomfwd, can you say anything more around the circumstances of their interest, nature of your business, why this came about?

Comment

Working...
        X