• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message going around twitter is w/c 21st July. Although the second reading in the Lords is not until the 16th and with the committee and report stage to follow, that seems a bit tight. However, assuming the Lords stage is a just a matter of course and not to expect much of a debate, the 21st is quite possible I suppose.
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Interesting see the Westminster paedophile incident play out - 30 years ago the instinct was to protect the system. This instinct is still very much alive and kicking. Protect HMRC at all costs however much abuse they hurl our way. And ignore the facts.

How long will it take until it is recognized that we have been done a huge injustice?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Interesting see the Westminster paedophile incident play out - 30 years ago the instinct was to protect the system. This instinct is still very much alive and kicking. Protect HMRC at all costs however much abuse they hurl our way. And ignore the facts.

How long will it take until it is recognized that we have been done a huge injustice?
        Sadly Brillo, I think about 30 years!
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          Sadly Brillo, I think about 30 years!
          So about halfway towards getting this battle resolved then.....

Comment

Something to look forward to when/if I reach 81.

Comment

NTRT are quiet?

I'm hoping there is some good news in the pipeline to cheer us all up

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
                Something to look forward to when/if I reach 81.
                In 60 years time you will be 81? You must have been in the scheme young....

Comment

Timescale and lawyers

Jarndyce v Jarndyce anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jeanvaljean View Post
                    Jarndyce v Jarndyce anyone?
                    A Bleak prospect indeed!

Boom boom tish..... I'll just get my coat

Comment

If I wasn't so paranoid I would be tweeting David Gauke at this moment suggesting that they should loan the HMRC time machine to Brazil

Comment

Working...
                      X