• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guttersnipe View Post
    Worth letting him know that you're talking to the local press? "I'm facing bankruptcy and provided Ben Wallace with evidence that HMRC lied in court and misled parliament but his office won't even answer the phone to me. Is this how we want our MP to to treat us, his constituents, when we are in very real distress?"
    That can be construed as an idol threat, get more and more evidence by badgering your MP and if he/she keeps ignoring your letters you have more of a tasty titbit for the local press.

Record every correspondence and non-response. we have to play them at their own game.....
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

I bet these are all Tory MPs who have been "persuaded" to toe the line by Gauke.

Fortunately, there are plenty of Tories who are willing to stick to their conservative principles, and the LibDems don't appear to have been brought into line either.

There's also nothing he can do to stop lobbying by Labour MPs.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        I bet these are all Tory MPs who have been "persuaded" to toe the line by Gauke.

Fortunately, there are plenty of Tories who are willing to stick to their conservative principles, and the LibDems don't appear to have been brought into line either.

There's also nothing he can do to stop lobbying by Labour MPs.
        There will always be some MP's who are happy to toe the line if it potentially improves their career prospects. Thankfully some are decent human beings who put their principles before anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
          There will always be some MP's who are happy to toe the line if it potentially improves their career prospects. Thankfully some are decent human beings who put their principles before anything else!
          This whole sorry episode has taught me one thing and that's that I'm never ever going to bother voting ever again!

Comment

This whole sorry episode has taught me one thing and that's that I'm never ever going to bother voting ever again!
            naaa come to that conclusion years ago !!!
            MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Really!

Name one!

Comment

Same Here

Did not bother last time around for the 1st time in my life and will not bother ever again.

Comment

I might vote next time !

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                  Did not bother last time around for the 1st time in my life and will not bother ever again.
                  whoever helps dig us out of this hole we were trapped into will be right up there on my list, but I have to agree, my view of MPs and the way this country is run has gone rapidly downhill with the about turns witnessed purely for political gain.
                  http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                    Name one!
                    Oh dear. I knew someone would ask! OK I was thinking hypothetically.

Comment

I don't think being an MP should mean being totally autonomous from the party line.

And what is that going to achieve?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X