• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zac Goldsmith

I got this response from Zac Goldsmith. Should I say it's okay for him to send the info
    I attached from notoretro to HMRC and co?

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I will read through your information. In the meantime, and with your permission, I will relay your feedback to the HMRC, and to Mark Hoban at the Treasury for their direct response. Please let me know.
    Very best wishes,
    Zac Goldsmith
    >>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      I'm getting myself prepared for my MP meeting on Saturday morning.

Taking along the following key documents:

H004-HMRC_letters_A_+_B_-_from_taking_4_cases_to_SC_to_BN66_with_no_warning .pdf
      H006-HMRC_contradictions_re_dates.pdf
      I009-_HMRC_knew_about_the_scheme_for_14_years.pdf
      Local MP lobbying toolkit - April 2012.pdf
      Presentation to MPs - April 2012.ppt
      Toolkit for responding to Gauke standard response - May 2012 (4).doc

From my own perspective the thing that really bugs the life out of me is that "we" were all pushed into schemes as a result of the totally uncertainly over IR35. Here we are some time on fighting for having been in a scheme and yet new IR35 guidelines have come out to what amounts to more uncertainty.

I really want to ask - "Is the Government intent in destroying small businesses as I cannot see anyway of operating correctly even if I do pay more NI/PAYE I feel I won't have paid the right amount or that I'll be targetted in the future with some other nonsense approach by HMRC"
      The shear mention of IR35 was enough for my MP to raise the eyebrows,

I told my MP that the introduction of an unthought out policy such as IR35 (which the CBI warned was UN-workable) was the main driver for me to join the scheme to have some certainty of Tax payments closely followed by My Tax & NI (double NI) was going through the roof.

The only small business's the government's are interested in is those that can employ many people above the threshold that they can of-course 'tax'.
      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

I say "Aye!"

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
        I got this response from Zac Goldsmith. Should I say it's okay for him to send the info

>>>>>>>>>>>>
        I will read through your information. In the meantime, and with your permission, I will relay your feedback to the HMRC, and to Mark Hoban at the Treasury for their direct response. Please let me know.
        Very best wishes,
        Zac Goldsmith
        >>>>>>>>>>>
        The more evidence we can get in front of the Treasury the better I believe. As for info to HMRC I dont see any harm in sending it to them. If they want to they can get it anyway (I am sure they are fine with spending £200 of taxpayers money... no skin off their noses and no individual/family will go without or be made bankrupt. Besides, they have already spent plenty on this sorry episode).
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
          The more evidence we can get in front of the Treasury the better I believe. As for info to HMRC I dont see any harm in sending it to them. If they want to they can get it anyway (I am sure they are fine with spending £200 of taxpayers money... no skin off their noses and no individual/family will go without or be made bankrupt. Besides, they have already spent plenty on this sorry episode).
          ... and we will all wait for the spin HMRC will put on it !!! The more Treasury members and MP's we can get this in front of the better.
          MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
            ... and we will all wait for the spin HMRC will put on it !!! The more Treasury members and MP's we can get this in front of the better.
            I can be fairly objective even under these trying circumstances. I am willing to take on board reasonable answers that HMRC have but the fact they (HMRC/Osborne/Gauke etc) wont answer any of our questions directly suggests to me that there are no reasonable answers and the further it cements our case. The longer this goes on the more I believe in the injustice of it.
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Priority?

Anyone have any ideas how we can make this a Gauke priority? I'm guessing there are other 'things' he has to deal with - but what?
              Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
                I can be fairly objective even under these trying circumstances. I am willing to take on board reasonable answers that HMRC have but the fact they (HMRC/Osborne/Gauke etc) wont answer any of our questions directly suggests to me that there are no reasonable answers and the further it cements our case. The longer this goes on the more I believe in the injustice of it.
                I don't disagree with you !!
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by Fog View Post
                  Anyone have any ideas how we can make this a Gauke priority? I'm guessing there are other 'things' he has to deal with - but what?
                  It sounds like he's busy making charities angry from this Times article... http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/p...cle3405565.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Fog View Post
                    Your having a laugh. I've been waiting for a response from my MP and Gauke since the 9th of March. I recon my letter has fallen down the back of his sofa!

Comment

Zac Goldsmith

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post

>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      Very best wishes,
                      Zac Goldsmith
                      >>>>>>>>>>>
                      We cannot expect MPs to get answers to our issues if we tie their hands behind their backs. If we have information and evidence, we must expect it to reach HMRC sometime. We are confident that the evidence is true and accurate and that there is very little spin room for them. Ask him to forward the evidence. The key is to try and ellicit a detailed response rather than "the Courts have decided". Has Zac seen the Gauke rebuttal?

I am meeting Zac with another NTRT member next Friday. Out of interest, what did you send him? It will be useful to know.

Thanks
                      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                      X