• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Formal Liquidation Procedures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    Yes. You'll need a solicitor to witness your signature on the Declaration of Solvency for any MVL.
    I'm looking into this also and I wonder what this means for myself as I have moved overseas (now in NZ). Does this need to be a British solicitor? Or will a solicitor or justice of the peace from NZ be acceptable?

Thanks
    Mark

Comment

The idea behind the Members Voluntary Liquidation potentially affecting your credit rating is quite worrying, I know that some of you are stating that you don't think it will have an impact but doesn't a MVL have to be advertised in the London Gazette, therefore can any of the Credit Ratings Agencies on there not just use that as a means to give you a negative score ? Will it even state in the London Gazette whether its a Voluntary or a Compulsory (bad) liquidation ?

Comment

Originally posted by markpnz View Post
        Does this need to be a British solicitor? Or will a solicitor or justice of the peace from NZ be acceptable?
        It can be a solicitor in any country, though Companies House do require the original (ie you'd need to post rather than scan & email it).

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        The idea behind the Members Voluntary Liquidation potentially affecting your credit rating is quite worrying, I know that some of you are stating that you don't think it will have an impact but doesn't a MVL have to be advertised in the London Gazette, therefore can any of the Credit Ratings Agencies on there not just use that as a means to give you a negative score ? Will it even state in the London Gazette whether its a Voluntary or a Compulsory (bad) liquidation ?
        All the London Gazette information is readily available to the public. Have a look and see what information goes on there.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
          So has anyone on here performed a voluntary liquidation on their limited company ? Would you recommend one for me ? Preferably in the London area and one that costs less than £3k. One liquidation company insited that I turn up to a room and swear an oath regarding my ability to pay off my liabilities , is this normal procedure?
          Hi sbakoola, it was long time ago, but did you finally found a solicitor for this in London area?
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X