• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child care vouchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child care vouchers

Hi,
    can i get child vouchers for this tax year in one go, as "in addition to salary". Can this be done ?
    Last edited by gadgetfr34k; 21 July 2013, 00:33.

You can pay up to £55 a week per employee, assuming you're both basic rate taxpayers (ignore dividends), and there's no need to adjust the payroll. The payments have to go direct from the company bank account to the provider, who must be registered. There's no need to go through a special voucher scheme, that's just a waste of money for those of you who own your own company
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

The only HMRC example I can find is quite old, but indicates that you can claim one lump sum as long as it doesn't exceed the exempt amount. It has to go direct to the provider though, you can't repay yourself for fees you've paid personally.

Class 1: Vouchers - non-cash vouchers - qualifying childcare vouchers from 6th April 2005- how to calculate the exempt amount - example 3 - employee with one lump sum payment of vouchers in 2005/06 tax year - calculation based on the legislation - pa
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetfr34k View Post
        Hi,
        I have ltd company with me and missus as employees.
        our baby has started going to nursery and I was wondering if I can get child vouchers for this tax year in one go, as "in addition to salary". Can this be done ?

Do i need to setup vouchers scheme or this payment of 243 * 2 * 9 ( 9 months Apr-Dec) can be made directly made to nursery.

Further do we need to amend ( Apr - Nov ) payroll for this ?

Thanks for your advise
        I reckon you would struggle with this if investigated. Your child was not attending nursery at that time.

Unless of course your fees are about to be so high that from Nov-April it will soak up the whole years allowance anyway as it is a yearly allowance.

Have a i just contradicted myself?

Comment

Working...
        X