• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have had a couple of phone chats and swapped emails with a Telegraph journalist today - I will keep everyone updated.

Its very freaky seeing the UK criticize India when the UK does exactly thec same thing!
    Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
    - there's an opportunity here to highlight the hypocrisy, and the press might even back us, provided they can stick the boot in to the Government.
    What if they don't ?
    I'm still not sure that the press is the right avenue at the moment. Thoughts anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
      Have you seen the letter he sent?

The letter to Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh - Telegraph

'Although presented as clarifications....'

'if tax law changes are made, they should not apply retroactively'

I'd laugh if it it wasn't so painfully serious.

Although the letter is dated 1st April.
      Posted a comment. If anyone wants to "recommend" it or reply, please feel free

The more I see Osborne's comments, the more I feel every member should mention them to their MP and demand we get the same support as Vodafone.
      Last edited by SantaClaus; 2 April 2012, 22:13.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Hipocosy

Originally posted by GottaBeOptimistic View Post
        What if they don't ?
        I'm still not sure that the press is the right avenue at the moment. Thoughts anyone ?
        The usual one rule for them and another for everybody else!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
          WARNING

People on here need to be careful of what they are alleging.

Your taking on the Government.

The Government has immense powers

Have a look at the RIPA act

Arrests can’t ever be reported in the press.

If any of the brave guys exposing the TRUTH goes missing……..

Scream from the rooftops.

Things are happening.

If this site disappears off the airwaves. Scream from the rooftops.

Things will be revealed.

More to follow.

Ganimos - No time for games, say it properly or don't say it at all.......

Comment

I'm still not sure that the press is the right avenue at the moment.
            Interestingly enough neither am I!

The first thing the journo said was "Can I be blunt? There are alot of hard working families suffering and you are not paying your fair share." To which I pointed out that we were 100% behind the government in closing loopholes and it was the retrospective element that was the issue. He seemed to get that.

Sometimes things just feel right and you have to go with the flow! If I fook this up then you can all blame me.

Interestingly enough I agree 100% with Ganimos. Thing is it it almost impossible for most of you to grasp what they are trying to say - and I think this is the wrong thread for it. I met someone once who told me they had enough evidence to bring down the government and were kidnapped and placed in front of 3 doctors and sectioned. They then had to sign a retraction to be unsectioned. Not many people seem to realize that we are not living in a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Interestingly enough neither am I!

The first thing the journo said was "Can I be blunt? There are alot of hard working families suffering and you are not paying your fair share." To which I pointed out that we were 100% behind the government in closing loopholes and it was the retrospective element that was the issue. He seemed to get that.

Sometimes things just feel right and you have to go with the flow! If I fook this up then you can all blame me.

Interestingly enough I agree 100% with Ganimos. Thing is it it almost impossible for most of you to grasp what they are trying to say - and I think this is the wrong thread for it. I met someone once who told me they had enough evidence to bring down the government and were kidnapped and placed in front of 3 doctors and sectioned. They then had to sign a retraction to be unsectioned. Not many people seem to realize that we are not living in a democracy.
              I think we should let MTM do their thing, use our MP's and not get involved in newspaper talk. It maybe counterproductive against the other good work going on.....

Comment

I think we should let MTM do their thing, use our MP's and not get involved in newspaper talk. It maybe counterproductive against the other good work going on.....
                Its a fair point and I believe you are quite right to say it.

However I am not going to see my MP. Clive Efford Monster Pratt. I would only punch him. He was one of the Labour finance committee who approved this stuff (I was not aware until after it had all gone through). Whenever I have written he claims to have no knowledge of what I am going on about.

Plus he has ignored Mrs BP's letters about the Labour party treatment of disabled children. fooker. a prize twunt.

Comment

...I'm still not sure that the press is the right avenue at the moment. Thoughts anyone ?
                  Seconded!

Contact with MPs appears to be gathering momentum.

Why put all of that accumulated progress at risk?

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
                    Seconded!

Contact with MPs appears to be gathering momentum.

Why put all of that accumulated progress at risk?
                    I agree entirely.
                    Join the campaign at
                    http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

What if they don't ?
                      My thinking is that there is potential leverage here. Osborne has put himself into a position of openly displaying his double standards. A while back we had a long debate on a press campaign, which I was uncertain of because I thought the press would turn it against us. The press this time can use it as an angle to attack the Government, not us. If Osborne is serious about protecting the interests of those European companies, then he must do something about us. I was hoping for '... Introduced by the last Government ... Must still face the tax tribunals ... Blah blah'.

For him, if we were to win, then it's not the Governments fault, it's shoddy legislation introduced by Labour and incompetence by HMRC.

While we do seem to be making progress, and for the first time in months I feel there is at least some hope, I wonder what will happen when our MPs go to the Treasury. Will they be co-ordinated enough to get this repealed in the current economic situation? Will the Government really do that, or will they simply come back with 'times have changed'?

That said, I agree it's a risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X