• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Good to see some soft arses hitting the neg.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
      Lets hope DR can get MPs view on soon, as I think most of us seemed to think this would be resolved today.
      That's a little naive if you don't mind me saying so. If HMRC had lost do you think they wouldn't appeal?

This just seems to me as a case of the LJs playing Pilate.

Comment

Statement from Montpelier

See 1st post of thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1363664

Given the significance of the case, I am confident that an application to the Supreme Court will be accepted.

I understand that PwC also intend to appeal.

Comment

Judgements

are available here:

Montpelier:
          Huitson, R (on the application of) v Revenue and Customs [2011] EWCA Civ 893 (25 July 2011)

PwC:
          Shiner & Anor, R (on the application of) v Revenue & Customs [2011] EWCA Civ 892 (25 July 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            That's a little naive if you don't mind me saying so. If HMRC had lost do you think they wouldn't appeal?

This just seems to me as a case of the LJs playing Pilate.
            sorry, should have been 'not resolved' today

Comment

Knew this was coming but it didn't really help with the blow.

All I can say is thanks to everyone for all the info especially DR.

At least it seems that MP aren't going to abandon us and fingers crossed the SC will see the light. It just means life=hold again.

Comment

Bring It On!

As my grand-dad always said:
                "You're not beaten until you stop fighting !!!"

Comment

Thanks to the information providers of this forum, I may feel sick today but at least I don't feel uninformed or alone.

Anyone know roughly how long the SC process will take?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    See 1st post of thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1363664

Given the significance of the case, I am confident that an application to the Supreme Court will be accepted.

I understand that PwC also intend to appeal.
                    DR, can you confirm that MP are going to appeal, the statement didn't seem to confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by IH8GordonB View Post
                      DR, can you confirm that MP are going to appeal, the statement didn't seem to confirm this?
                      Ignore me, it was the first line.

Comment

Working...
                      X