• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Santander - cheque clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santander - cheque clearance

Paid in a cheque to my Santander business account (2 months fees) and it took 13 days to clear (7 clear working days) - anyone else experiencing this sort of time lag ?

Funny you should say that, I posted a cheque over a week ago and it still doesnt show on my balance. Rang them this morning, and they cant tell me a thing unless it shows on the balance!

Usless.

Comment

hope they're not in trouble as well! i've got a few quid with them. I gather they're going to lose lots of money due to the situation in Greece but we're assured that everything is ok in the UK, well sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
        hope they're not in trouble as well! i've got a few quid with them. I gather they're going to lose lots of money due to the situation in Greece but we're assured that everything is ok in the UK, well sort of
        Blimey I had'nt thought of that angle !! When I rang they were terribly evasive and sounded rather affronted by my request for an explanation - apparently the size if the cheque ( 16,000) had triggered 'extended clearance authority' which they initially said would clear by Saturday and then did'nt till the Monday.

Comment

They are s-l-o-w at clearing cheques. Almost as slow as paying out!

I've ****ed them off and hope the co op bank are better (FSB account).
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger27 View Post
            Blimey I had'nt thought of that angle !! When I rang they were terribly evasive and sounded rather affronted by my request for an explanation - apparently the size if the cheque ( 16,000) had triggered 'extended clearance authority' which they initially said would clear by Saturday and then did'nt till the Monday.
            Anything greater than 10k requires Anti Money Laundering checks splitting the amounts into
            smaller transactions and paying in together is also viewed suspiciously.

Comment

Yep - transferred my cash ISA to them from First Direct - for some unknown reason First Direct sent them a cheque. My money disappeared for two weeks (although they did backdate the interest - no idea if this is normal practice or because of my ranting!)

Comment

santander cheque clearing

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                Anything greater than 10k requires Anti Money Laundering checks splitting the amounts into
                smaller transactions and paying in together is also viewed suspiciously.
                tried splitting transactions into smaller amounts. still waited 15 days for cheque clearance. assistant said to me " it's not as if you pay for your account is it?"!!!!! i have a ' no fee' business account, but am not allowed to get advice from my branch or pay money in 'over the counter' all transactions have to be carried out online or by atm machines which are quite often 'out of service'. they regularly put my deposits into my savings account (in error???????) and tell me i made a mistake on the atm machine. they also take 4 days to process bacs deposits. the staff are extremely arrogant and most unhelpful. i have been with this bank (previously ABBEY) for 35 years. that's probably more years than the average age of the staff......jc

Comment

I think you must have imagined this problem, as every time I post about my horrendous experience trying to open an account with them lots of people post back saying they have had no problems and they are a great bank.

Comment

Working...
                  X