• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can a Company Director Claim Income Support and Taxt Credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Company Director Claim Income Support and Taxt Credit

Ive been searching the web for an answer to this query... and found this thread which is kinda in the same ball park.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...t-bench-2.html

Can a Company Director Claim Income Support and Working Tax Credit.

Ive looked at all the official web site... but theyre vague in this respect.

Im sure I read on the net that what Im proposing is possible and legal.

My situation is Im on unemployed but wish to form a company. I can get some work from time to time. I want to concentrate on this and build a business. I want to start a limited company to do so. But I do not think I can get enough work to cover my living costs.

going by that thread though. it seems that I could in theory incorp my company, be a director. do work when it comes in, when its quite... just lay myself off and claim JSA.

is this correct?

Id like some links or solid information/examples if possible - not just opinion or heresay. Im looking for a method to do this, cheers.

or is my idea of income support better?

Working...
X