• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subcontracting and hourly rates question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subcontracting and hourly rates question

I wonder what would other people do in this situation:

My company subcontracts to another company (COMPANY) for £1.50 an hour
    My company also does work for clients (CLIENTS) directly at £4.50 an hour
    My company uses services of a subcontractor also for £3.00 an hour

When my company does work for CLIENTS directly, we bill the CLIENTS £4.50 an hour for the time that the subcontractor has worked and pay the subcontractor £3.00 an hour.

Note. all costs are examples and not the real values

What would other people do for charging CLIENTS directly for time that a subcontractor has spent on a project?

Also - is it normal to be paid that much less to subcontract for a larger COMPANY who provide regular work? £1.50 an hour compared with £4.50 an hour.

What sort of toilets are you cleaning?

Actually what I would do in your position is to put a begging bowl outside the toilet. A lot of people will put in 10 or 20p.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

If I wasn't happy with the rate, I wouldn't have signed the contract. Probably not a lot you can do about it other than ask for more.

Comment

Working...
      X