• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good business account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Abbey, but they took 5 weeks to set up my account
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I use Cater Alan (formerly Fleming Private Bank) - good telephone banking, reasonable interest rates (>£5000 balance).

Agree, don't hold your breath about internet banking but with good telephone service and a < 30 transaction count, it's not essential (unlike maybe a prvate a/c).

Can setup the usual D/D, SO etc
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I applied to Cater Allen last week. Any experiences on how long they take to setup the account?

Comment

Cater Allan.

The only problem is that they change their name so often I never know what they're called. Fleming, then JP Morgan Fleming, then Cater Allan, then, Blancmange. No High street presence is the only problem, if any.

Avoid the high street banks like the plague.

Leif

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
            Cater Allan.

The only problem is that they change their name so often I never know what they're called. Fleming, then JP Morgan Fleming, then Cater Allan, then, Blancmange. No High street presence is the only problem, if any.

Avoid the high street banks like the plague.

Leif
            I think they've always been called Cater Allen, it just so happens they bought Flemings so I think all the name change stuff is Flemings poncing about.

They do have a sort of High Street presence - they have done a deal with RBS to front them. Only basic stuff mind (paying in cheques, etc) but it's better than nowt. Anyway, who really needs to go into a branch much these days?

Comment

Cater Allen internet banking go live

Originally posted by planetit
              Yes, but they said that about 3 years ago. Would be nice, but don't hold your breath.
              No it's not - and I have been waiting and listening to crap excuses for five years.

Not only is it not going live at Xmas, but, unlike previous experiences, they now have no idea when it might go live but, 'sometime in the New Year'. Santander Bank have 'not liked something about their deal' that they have to look into it from square one.

Unfortunately, they have had a string of takeovers and mergers that can keep them supplied with system ratification excuses until hell freezes over. Blah blah blah.

But as it is, their interest rate is good, the tel banking is good, and costs are nil - what do you do?

Comment

Well there is always the option of an Internet Based account for your current account and Cater Allen for a high interest deposit!

Comment

Bank of Scotland

Originally posted by Lovage
                  Could anyone give me some recommendations on business accounts...
                  No charges, good internet account
                  TB
                  Let's go to Italy

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB
                    I applied to Cater Allen last week. Any experiences on how long they take to setup the account?
                    The accounts we set up for our clients take about a week to set up, but we "spoon feed" them all the documents and information they need, so they don't have to do much checking themselves. We did have one that took about 3 weeks, but that was because they tried to phone one of the proposed signatories who was abroad on holiday at the time and forgot to set his mobile to international!

Comment

Working...
                    X