• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anyone use Crystal Umbrella (formaly nolongerltd)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use Crystal Umbrella (formaly nolongerltd)

Does anyone use Crystal Umbrella, it was 'no longer limited' but have changed recently, does anyone still use them since the change, are they offering any better service.

I always wonder why companies suddenly just change so wanted to know if anyone has any experience or feedback in using them. I was thinking of signing up with Parasol but it seems Crystal offer pratically exactly the same but charge a bit less.

no, never heard of them

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      no, never heard of them
      WHS
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Crystal Umbrella

I’ve just come out of contract with them.. Cant say I have any complaints or issues as I always got my moolah! .. no idea why they renamed themselves though..

Comment

I used Parasol for a short gig back in 2005. Good as gold.

Comment

i used them, but their LLP solution (not sure if its still offered!). i gained nothing really, just classed as self employed (which they havent notified the NI people...). they keep saying they will complete my SA but they dont know my previous earnings before i joined them.

This makes me laugh as they were given the P45, they sorted all the tax out and notified me it was sorted, yet they have no recollection...

they dont know it yet, but am going ltd tomorrow when my extension starts.

no real issues with them, they on time etc.

EDIT: i left Parasite to join NLL. much better service, altho ltd is the way to go as i now know!

EDIT 2: its gets better! they havent even notifed the tax office, so i cant get the info to let them complete my SA. not to worry, new accountant is looking at ways to help! once paid at weekend, no more dealing with umbrella!!!
            Last edited by scooby; 11 June 2008, 11:34.
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

and to top it all off (and name and shame ) see this link here

i would now think carefully about using this umbrella... altho they did pay regularly and with no issues re payments, you just have to watch everything else!!!

Comment

Well it was between this umbrella and parasol, the thing is I've read good and bad about both, I don't think any umbrella is 100% great there will always be people that have issues and some people that have nothing but issues.

I can always leave if I'm not happy I suppose....

Comment

I've been using them since last November, never head any problems and always been paid on time. Not sure why they changed either but service has remained the same.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near Parasol ever again..

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    Well it was between this umbrella and parasol, the thing is I've read good and bad about both, I don't think any umbrella is 100% great there will always be people that have issues and some people that have nothing but issues.

I can always leave if I'm not happy I suppose....
                    if a choice, then Crystal. you should really consider ltd though...

Comment

Working...
                    X