• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rainham View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is posting information and feedback on this thread.

I've been with MP from early 2002 to present. I don't have all the money that I would owe if HMRC come knocking of that I'm sure. However I'm doing what it seems most people are doing and covering things the best way they can.

Sit tight and lets fight this out together!
    WHS

and welcome to the thread!
    BP

Comment

A big hello to my comrades

I've finally caught up with this thread after a few weeks and have found the discussions most useful. Thank you to all those who have made useful comments - I've discovered the existence of CTDs and had the privilege to understand the contingency plans other people have put in place.

I joined MP in 2005 due to fear around IR35. The majority of my contractor colleagues had already joined and I followed suit as it seemed the right choice at the time. I'm only in contact with one of these people now so have no idea how the others are getting on. Another reason why this forum has been useful.

I've received letters from both MP and annual "we are investigating your SA" standard letters from Mr. B and chums. I'm expecting the brown envelope to land anytime now and anticipate a figure of around 100K plus 20K interest or so. Should the worst come to the worst, I'm expecting to cover the bill with some savings, future earnings and with some equity in an investment property.

The time for battle is fast approaching. Be strong and prepared as tough times are ahead but let's not go down without a fight...

Comment

Just been reading through the TRM thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...anagement.html , is this scheme really what MTM are now using ?

scarey, considering I've not even been told of the details since they switched

Comment

Originally posted by scott_free View Post
          Just been reading through the TRM thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...anagement.html , is this scheme really what MTM are now using ?

To me it sounds like the new MTM scheme is the same as the scheme on the other thread (and other loan schemes out there). The other thread is full of posters getting panicy beacuase their 'loans' are being transferred elsewhere and they are being asked to sign loan agreement forms and they have only just (rather late in the day) realised the loans could be called in.

Comment

Originally posted by onyx View Post
            A big hello to my comrades

I've finally caught up with this thread after a few weeks and have found the discussions most useful. Thank you to all those who have made useful comments - I've discovered the existence of CTDs and had the privilege to understand the contingency plans other people have put in place.

I joined MP in 2005 due to fear around IR35. The majority of my contractor colleagues had already joined and I followed suit as it seemed the right choice at the time. I'm only in contact with one of these people now so have no idea how the others are getting on. Another reason why this forum has been useful.

I've received letters from both MP and annual "we are investigating your SA" standard letters from Mr. B and chums. I'm expecting the brown envelope to land anytime now and anticipate a figure of around 100K plus 20K interest or so. Should the worst come to the worst, I'm expecting to cover the bill with some savings, future earnings and with some equity in an investment property.

The time for battle is fast approaching. Be strong and prepared as tough times are ahead but let's not go down without a fight...
            Welcome to the BN66 thread

Comment

I have heard rumours there are differences - and I am trying to find out what they are. At the moment I still plan to go limited in mid-Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyFunster View Post
                Nat W

I'm finding it hard work to get replies too, used to email the same person but they've not replied for a while. Also tried phoning but my calls haven't been returned.

Is there a better way to contact them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                  To me it sounds like the new MTM scheme is the same as the scheme on the other thread (and other loan schemes out there). The other thread is full of posters getting panicy beacuase their 'loans' are being transferred elsewhere and they are being asked to sign loan agreement forms and they have only just (rather late in the day) realised the loans could be called in.
                  If MTM have switched to this method, wouldn't you of expected them to issue loan agreements/require signatures ?

Comment

If MTM have switched to this method, wouldn't you of expected them to issue loan agreements/require signatures ?
                    So far I (and no-one I know at montp) have received anything other than that the scheme switched from March 12th.

Maybe the scheme does not need anything else from us?

I would love to know the details - I went to see Mr Simpson in London office but I am no wiser. These days I am more cautious and I plan to go back to ltd unless I hear something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      So far I (and no-one I know at montp) have received anything other than that the scheme switched from March 12th.

Maybe the scheme does not need anything else from us?

I would love to know the details - I went to see Mr Simpson in London office but I am no wiser. These days I am more cautious and I plan to go back to ltd unless I hear something soon.
                      yes, think I want to sleep at night so I'm plumping for LTD company

Comment

Working...
                      X