• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax (RBS) offer £1k to switch - if they can't beat CA....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't swap if they offered 10K.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
      Noddy post alert!
      Come on then DJ, We're waiting for it...
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Really?
        Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
        Noddy post alert!
        *sigh*

If you look online and go to the Halifax website there are 2 tabs at the top one for personal banking, one for business banking - click on the business tab and you get:

http://www.bankofscotlandbusiness.co...1ODM2MTQ1Mzg5*

That aside - I don't know why everyone's getting their knickers in a twist over the whole HBOS/RBS/WGAS stuff - the question is:

Can they beat the Cater Allen deal we get or would they have to pay us £1k to switch?

In fact my actual original question was:

Has anyone initiated an actual switch from CA to HBOS/RBS/halifax/WGAS/flipping whatever and can they actually catagorically say whether they will beat the CA deal?

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has actually done this and any feedback they may have

HTH
        Last edited by Jog On; 28 April 2008, 13:51. Reason: I spelt WGAS wrong!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yeah! You tell 'em Jog on!

I reckon they'd beat my Lloyds-HSBC account anyday!

(what happened to your Boris avatar BTW)
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            Yeah! You tell 'em Jog on!

I reckon they'd beat my Lloyds-HSBC account anyday!

(what happened to your Boris avatar BTW)
            I try not to make 'noddy posts' in the serious forums, I probably won't switch even if they would have to pay me £1k as I don't see them beating the CA deal.

That said the CA deal is a special deal we get through CUK so it might not feel right switching from it just to bag a grand. Who knows maybe they can beat it anyway - I'll find out soon enough as I've filled out the forms.

Boris might make a reappearance soon around Thursday... watch this space
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Was just paying in a cheque at a Halifax and I noticed their “Switch your business banking to us and we’ll give you £1k” so I thought I’d probe a bit deeper.

It turns out the offer is only valid if they can’t actually beat your current deal and the bird I spoke to said they haven’t yet had to pay it out to anyone.

Can they beat Cater Allen though? I filled out some forms and am waiting to hear back from them – so time will tell.

Has anyone else tried this?
              Don't understand.....they'll give you a £1000 to switch but only if they can't beat your current deal? Why would you switch if you had a better deal? £1000 would soon be swallowed up by HBOS bank charges.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                Don't understand.....they'll give you a £1000 to switch but only if they can't beat your current deal? Why would you switch if you had a better deal? £1000 would soon be swallowed up by HBOS bank charges.
                That's exactly why I asked the question

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  That's exactly why I asked the question
                  Ahhh right...I'll not be switching then thank you very much
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    Ahhh right...I'll not be switching then thank you very much
                    The reason I brought it up is because I have the special free banking deal with Cater allen through CUK - I don't think they could beat that.

If they could I'd be suprised, but if they can't I probably won't switch just for £1k because as you say they'll make it back and more before long

Comment

I wouldn't change from Cater Allen......

Early days but - account set up, no hitches.....

Asked for internet banking - set up, no hitches....

I'm hoping it will continue.

Like those heady days with Flemings Bank - Sorry gone all misty eyed!

T

Comment

Working...
                      X