• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience with ITECS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGA View Post
    Has anybody used ITECS in Holland?
    Same firm I think. They operate all over Europe.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Anyone else currently using them in Belgium please post their experiences.

Important to me as I am in the process of setting up with them.
      Last edited by mikeyboy; 1 April 2008, 11:06.

Comment

lenge No offence, but as you only joined today and your very first post is having a go at ITECS. I think we should take your advice with a pinch of salt. For all we know you could be a competitor.

Thank you for sharing your experience and hopefully a few more seasoned posters will back it up.

Comment

Itecs

Mikeyboy, no problem, I've lurked here for a while and never registered. I've been through two UK tax investigations in the past and have my share of dealing with difficult agencies, accountants and management companies in different countries so normally only speak up to warn rather than recommend as what is right for me is not necessarily right for another (I suppose its also about how risk averse you are).

Cheers,

L

Comment

Originally posted by DGA View Post
            Has anybody used ITECS in Holland?
            Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
            lenge No offence, but as you only joined today and your very first post is having a go at ITECS. I think we should take your advice with a pinch of salt. For all we know you could be a competitor.

Thank you for sharing your experience and hopefully a few more seasoned posters will back it up.
            <steps out of rehab>

i'm trying to give up but this is important.

i used itecs in the past (early 04 to late 05 in the netherlands) and i would rather eat my own eyeballs than use them again.

<steps back into rehab>

<pops out>

oh and by the way... see that useful search button?

<pops back in again>

Comment

Originally posted by lenge View Post
              I was using them, but have stopped after a catalogue of errors and am now self employed.

When it was Itecs there didn't seem to be any problems and everyone I had checked with recommended them. Since the Parker Woods take over it does seem to have gone to pot. Two of the customer service reps that I've been dealing with have since left the company and from speaking to my agent and some others at the agency I am not the only contractor using Itecs that is having problems getting money from them.

There are some good staff still there, but it seems that they are either in the minority or being held back from doing their job by being reliant on others.

I would not recommend them at the moment and would advise to use anyone else but them.
              Since the PW takeover key staff have left and lots of frustration abound - caveat contractor

Comment

lenge No probs, just being cautious of "trolls".

Have my reservations now about ITECS. I think I will wait and see what the other agencies propose before I sign anything.

Comment

Mikeyboy, no problem. Good luck with the role and I hope that you get yourself sorted out.

L

Comment

Admittedly, I am another new user, but my experience with ITECS to date has been absolutely horrid.

Constant misinformation, failure to reply to emails, failure to return phone calls, and failure to do their job and provide payments on time. Not just one or twice, but repeatedly over a period of 6 months.

I will be glad once my contract finishes and I will be able to switch to a hopefully better agency.

Comment

This is my 4th year with Itecs and I have never had any problems.

However I just received a whole lot of legal liability waiver stuff from Parker Woods that is making me reconsider as it reads like "you know it's dodgy, so if it goes pear shaped you take the blame" (slightly paraphrased)

I think I'll look for something that lets me rest easier at night, any suggestions welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X