• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience with ITECS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was working with ITECS in the Netherlands

Hi Folks,

Newbie to the forum, but long-time contractor here (since 1998).

Just a quick update on ITECS (even thought this is a bit of an old thread), I know people have provided mixed reviews of ITECS / Parker Woods (Gibraltar) or whatever branding you are familiar with.

I was told to use them for my NL contract and to be honest apart from a little incompetence, they seemed okay, no better or worse than others I've used in the past and the actual retention was slightly above what I was lead to believe was available from other NL Payroll providers (typically about 63% retention), due in part to the way they handled Social Security Deductions through their Gibraltar operation.

I was thus a bit surprised to be dumped by them last week without any reason or real notice. So I'm having to get going with a new Payroll provider to complete the contract and take the hit again on things like getting a new 30% ruling from the new provider. Basically a load of hassle that I could have done without.

So as per other contributors, it would seem that the advice to stay away from ITECS if you can is appropriate.

As to why they are behaving the way they are, I have no idea.

Regards,
    The Foolish One

Comment

ITECS was the umbrella that an Agent insisted I use as a condition for contracting through them. Glad I didn't bother with the risk and hassle.

Why would an Agent insist on using a particular brolly anyway - I wonder

Comment

ITES is now Premier Partners

Being under time pressure, having had no experiences with Payroll Companies so far, I was recommended ITECS to deal with (May 2014). In the end they contracted my through Parker Woods - and, as many others, dumped me suddenly in October. Luckily, they do not owe my money and it seemed they even paid my Social Security etc. in Gibraltar (got tis confirmed from the Gibraltar Social Security Office).
        Now I only need my 2014 Wage/taxes etc overview, and I am curious when I will get it. PW does not exist any more, neither does ITECS. ITECS continued under the name Premier Partners - but it is the same business (same address, ITECS phone numbers redirected...). But nobody is available there to speak to you about ITECS or PW issues - people are instructed to provide only a an email address to contact...

So I would not risk this "new" Premier Partners either to deal with as Payroll Service Provider...

Comment

So is ITECS still going because, I sent an enquiry via ITECS | and got a call back from a company called premier? After much confusion about how they got my contact details they informed me ITECS was no more and had split into two companies of which they were one. All sounds very dodgy to me.

Comment

ITECS and UK taxation

I was a UK contractor and used ITECS when working in Netherlands and Belgium in 2006 / 2007. On the whole the experience was positive but I fell I have been very naive. My concern now is in looking back with eyes wide open and wondering how the structure/models that ITECS used fitted in in relation to UK taxation. I know that HMRC are now clamping down on EBT schemes in the UK and I would like to be sure that ITECS is not one of them, and that I am not going to be hit with a retrospective tax bill for these years. The tax years in question are closed, however I do know that closed years are now no impediment to the vastly unfair 2019 legislation that is headed our way.
            Does anybody have any thoughts, or can offer any help as a way to move forward? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Agaric View Post
              I was a UK contractor and used ITECS when working in Netherlands and Belgium in 2006 / 2007. On the whole the experience was positive but I fell I have been very naive. My concern now is in looking back with eyes wide open and wondering how the structure/models that ITECS used fitted in in relation to UK taxation. I know that HMRC are now clamping down on EBT schemes in the UK and I would like to be sure that ITECS is not one of them, and that I am not going to be hit with a retrospective tax bill for these years. The tax years in question are closed, however I do know that closed years are now no impediment to the vastly unfair 2019 legislation that is headed our way.
              Does anybody have any thoughts, or can offer any help as a way to move forward? thanks
              ITECS were not loan scheme so not EBT. Lucky you!

Comment

Still active

I am new to this forum (wish I had known about it before which would have prevented a lot of headaches..). I started working for a project in Belgium with ITECS in 2014 (which changed into Premier Partners shortly after). Naive as I was, I was under the impression that everything they did was at least compliant (even if communication was terrible). In the end I received my monthly money, so up till tax payments actually had to me made it looked as if it was working fine. When the moment arrived that annual numbers and tax requirements needed to be made, communication started to deteriorate even further which lead to ending my working relation with them sep 2016. Again a stupid mistake, because taxes still needed to be done and they had no incentive to do anything anymore. After 1 year of struggle, I managed to get them to pay the due taxes (which were withheld from my payments..) for 2014 and 2015. 2016 is still a big issue, because the yearly accounting has not been done.

So Premier Partners is still operational and if any newcomer happens to see this thread, stay away from them!

My contract was based on UK law (I am Dutch). As I have seen multiple people speak of solicitors they have been using, I hope some of you can recommend me a solicitor who is aware of the practices of either ITECS, Parker Woods or Premier Partners (In my opinion all of them were creating "solutions" in a similar fashion). Any help is much appreciated!

Originally posted by diamondnostril View Post
                Hi Vlad . . .

I worked with ITECS for around 3 years. After OK (not brilliant) service for a couple of years they completely switched off all pretence of any service. They did not pay my taxes, and have left ME to pay a tax bill of more than 30,000 Euros that they should have paid. I'm now trying to get this money back via the courts. My advice is to stay well, well, well away from ITECS!!! I am happy to give you the details offline . . . I really would like to avoid that they stitch anyboy else up like they have done with me . . .

Regards,
                Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  ITECS were not loan scheme so not EBT. Lucky you!
                  I wish I was so optimistic. It was dividends wasn't it? ITECS submitted a tax return but what about the dividend payments? Am i being thick or what

Comment

ITECS in the Netherlands

I worked on a dutch contract through ITECS back in 2006.
                    I'm looking back now years alter trying to make sense of how the scheme worked.
                    Dutch Salary, Dutch Income tax and social security, dutch withholding taxes and basic Uk salary.
                    Does anybody have fuller details on this?

Comment

Itecs and letters from RBC Trustees ( Guernsey) Limited

I worked with Itecs from 2000 to 2010 when I worked in Belgium , Netherland and Switzerland, I was extremley happy, they paid in time, and I got my last payment from them in 2011. This was paid as a loan from my own fund which was in a trust.

Few years a go I received letters that Itecs was dissolved and trustees changed, I did not think It had anything to do with me any more.

But now I received letters from RBC Trustees ( Guernsey) Limited that they were appointed trustee and that there is an outstanding loan in my name of 22,000 pounds and to write it off they need me to fill in their forms, plus few other things, get legal and tax advise on that.

For my last payment as loan I received 17,000 euro and the figures do not match. I have not lived in UK since 2000. I wish to know if I return the form so they can write off the supposed loan what implications it has for me.

It was my earnings and it seemed the tax was deducted on that.

If I do not do anything, they said they can charge me fees for that. ( can it get any more stupid than that)

Can they legally do that?

what should I do?

who can help with understanding the legal jargon?

If there are other people receiving the same types of letters maybe we can collectively get legal advise.

Comment

Working...
                      X