• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency opting out contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency opting out contractor

Has anyone else received a revised contract from their agency opting them out of the 2003 Regs, without you specifically agreeing to opt out or signing an opt out form?

Also, what legal weight does an unwitting umbrella company countersigning the revised contract on your behalf have?

What is the legal standing of an agency going this?

<Also posted in Business/Contracts section>

I have but had to pass it to Brolly as stoopid Agency still think of me as an individual and not part of the brolly. I agreed to the optout and the brolly signed on my behalf but as them. Make sense?

Comment

Limited Only...

I thought these regs were for Ltd only contractors, and doesn't apply to brollies...

Comment

Re: Limited Only...

I opted out (as a Ltd co.) I don't care - there's enough work out there at the moment not to have to go back to the client direct.

Comment

Re: Limited Only...

I've just received the opt-out form from my agency and I'm 1 month into a 6 month contract.

My contract fails ir35 and up to now they've said they can't change it because of the end client. I found out that most other contractors on my project have IR35 friendly contracts.

So I'm going to tell them that I'll opt out if they change the contract.

Comment

Working...
          X