• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Contents insurance - who do you use?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Contents insurance - who do you use?

Given home insurance policies won't cover business laptops and phones etc, who do you use for your contents?

The usually reliable Hiscox have gone a bit hopeless on me. All I can find in the market is Direct Line Business for megabucks ("we're not on comparison sites!" - yeah, I can see why).

Anyone else?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Given home insurance policies won't cover business laptops and phones etc, who do you use for your contents?

The usually reliable Hiscox have gone a bit hopeless on me. All I can find in the market is Direct Line Business for megabucks ("we're not on comparison sites!" - yeah, I can see why).

Anyone else?
    Home insurance most likely does cover business laptops.
    When I was a permie I got burgled and my home insurance paid for the work laptop as well as personal.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I have the Business Combined insurance with Caunce O'Hara so they cover general contents at the risk address (my home) and portable equipment outside. Worldwide cover, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have the Business Combined insurance with Caunce O'Hara so they cover general contents at the risk address (my home) and portable equipment outside. Worldwide cover, too.
        I use that as well.

Got it first when I was regularly going abroad to work in a European country.

I've tried to shop around but not found anything cheaper for my needs.

​​​​​@PerfectStorm ladymuck PM each other as they give refer a friend vouchers to both.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

PM each other as they give refer a friend vouchers to both.
          Do they? I never noticed! Happy to do a referral

Comment

Working...
          X