• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best pension provider for inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best pension provider for inside IR35

I am working within IR35 and looking for a good pension company to use who can take a contribution directly from my wage. My umbrella company offered up St James Palace as an option but the fees are not great . Anyone out there using another pension company that they would recommend?

Google the many horror stories about SJPl. Basically a slick sales operation with high fees, bottom-end fund performance and penalties for getting out. Recommenders and introducers are on the gravy train too

Your umbrella may have a limited list of providers that they are set up to pay in to. Paystream are happy to pay into two of mine, Aegon and Scottish Widows which are in the middle of 10-year performance for my pension providers. I’ve gone with Aegon

Comment

Originally posted by Qazim2003 View Post
      I am working within IR35 and looking for a good pension company to use who can take a contribution directly from my wage. My umbrella company offered up St James Palace as an option but the fees are not great . Anyone out there using another pension company that they would recommend?
      Nobody is going to recommend SJP as a pension privider unless they have their snouts in the SJP trough. Almost anyone is going to be preferable. Educate yourself a little and open a SIPP account with AJ Bell if possible would get my vote.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

or fidelity

Comment

When I was inside IR35 my agency didn't allow me to invest into my existing SIPP but did allow me to put contributions into the same pension provider my previous premie jobs had all ended up in. (Yeah I missed getting a final salary pension in the one I worked the longest for by being to young by 4 years.)

So I put my pension contributions into that and once I left I combined all contributions into one pot.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

All the replies appreciated Cheers all.

Will look into the suggested options above.

Comment

Working...
            X