• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 repealed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 repealed

"We will repeal 2017 and 2021 reforms to IR35" Kwarteng just said in his budget speech.

Yes, Chapter 10 gone, it sounds like.

Comment

but TAAR will stay so there's going to be more crying on these boards over premature MVLs
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        but TAAR will stay so there's going to be more crying on these boards over premature MVLs
        Indeed. Much gnashing of teeth and wailing to follow.

Comment

I presume it's likely to be repealed from next April - 2 years after some people will have MVLed, so not too bad for some.

Comment

Originally posted by rectifier View Post
            I presume it's likely to be repealed from next April - 2 years after some people will have MVLed, so not too bad for some.
            The two years begins from each distribution.

Comment

Stupid decision. It needed to happen.

Comment

I understood the 2 years rule only really mattered if you'd use ER or whatever it's been rebranded to.

If you just pay your CGT there's no tax repayment/clawback when restarting in the same trade/work within 2 years? So long as the liquidation had justification e.g. went to employment.

Comment

load of low hanging fruit for HMRC when 100k of contractors switch to outside April 6th.
                  Allowing the contractor to make the determination will not make the previous SDS invalid. That SDS will still remain a fact and will be evidence for the prosecution.

Best advice if switching will be to move to another client. Most won't.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by aoc View Post
                    I understood the 2 years rule only really mattered if you'd use ER or whatever it's been rebranded to.

If you just pay your CGT there's no tax repayment/clawback when restarting in the same trade/work within 2 years? So long as the liquidation had justification e.g. went to employment.
                    nope.

It's about capital distribution not ER/BADR
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X