• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIK on Classic Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You need to discuss this with an accountant as the repairs will probably increase the value of the car significantly. You might need to capitalise the repair costs, in which case it won't be handled as an expense.
    If it makes money, would the SIC code need to changed as the business is now in business doing classic car restorations?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You need to discuss this with an accountant as the repairs will probably increase the value of the car significantly. You might need to capitalise the repair costs, in which case it won't be handled as an expense.

Leave a comment:

• mgrover
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yeah but charging the company for it... really.
    But I don't charge the company for it? Am not quite sure I understand what you're getting at? Should I be charging the company for it or not?

I think theres a fundamental misunderstanding as well. I do currently WFH, but more contracts are unfortunately wanting me in to sod off to Manchester, meaning a nice jaunt on the M62.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mgrover View Post

Not at all. I maintain all the vehicles I own directly or indirectly. Are you telling me I should?
    Yeah but charging the company for it... really.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

A standard uk single phase 7kw home charger would charge an empty 212kw pack in roughly 30 hours. That ignores the fact the pack wouldnt be totally 'empty' nor the last 20% of the charge would be a bit longer so, not 6 day.
    I didn't do the maths I watched a Youtube video. Caveat emptor....

Leave a comment:

• mgrover
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You are kidding right? Sums this whole post up that does.
    Not at all. I maintain all the vehicles I own directly or indirectly. Are you telling me I should?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

212kWh to go 300 miles

Americans really don't get energy efficiency do they?
    it's efficient. But efficiency != economy.

Efficiency is about how you calculate it. If you work out what energy is needed to move 4 tonnes of car, with loads of aero drag and rolling resistance it's probably very efficient indeed.
    If you work out how much energy to move one (admittedly very fat) bloke and his shopping, it's a lot less efficient.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

sorry. Not ridiculous enough for this thread.
    Here Introducing the GMC HUMMER EVs | Electric Truck & SUV

6 days to charge to full using a UK standard car charger point.
    A standard uk single phase 7kw home charger would charge an empty 212kw pack in roughly 30 hours. That ignores the fact the pack wouldnt be totally 'empty' nor the last 20% of the charge would be a bit longer so, not 6 day.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

212kWh to go 300 miles

Not as outrageous as I had imagined for a Hummer. My Outlander PHEV would typically use around 120kWh in 300 miles. Depending on summer or winter which makes a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

212kWh to go 300 miles

You aren't kidding there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X