• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still worth getting an IR35 review done by QDOS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still worth getting an IR35 review done by QDOS?

Hi Folks,
    After quite some time inside IR35, I've been offered a new contract which has been defined (by the agency) as outside IR35. I've read through the contract and it specifically mentions I can take on other clients, there's no implied or overt D&C and the client will not seek to change that, I am able to send in a sub, there is no MoO from either side, and it even specifies deliverables. I'm pretty sure it's good from a contractual perspective.

Before the whole IR35 mess I would get B&C or QDOS to review it. Is there any point in still doing this?

The chain goes:

My Ltd -> Agency -> Client -> Customer of client

Client is a consulting company with many staff. ie not a small company, so I believe liability rests with them and/or the agency if HMRC come knocking.

Cheers...

b0redom
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Checked for one of these insidious clauses that attempts to place IR35 compliance liability back on the contractor?

Personally, I doubt one would ever hold up in court but better to not have that concern hanging over you.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Didn't see anything there, but I intend to go through it properly with a fine tooth comb. I always do that anyway, but usually do a belt and braces check with QDOS/B&C - seems like that might be a waste of money now though.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

doesn't your PI insurer offer a free IR35 review? QDOS do.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I don't currently have PI as I'm insider IR35. I'll get it as a requirement of the outside gig, but until then it's a bit of a circular thing.

Comment

You could go for one of the ones that do a full contract terms check, not just IR35. That way you've got the contract properly checked and a tick in the IR35 box whatever the answer to do you need it or not is. I can't remember the sites that do the proper checks sorry.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You could go for one of the ones that do a full contract terms check, not just IR35. That way you've got the contract properly checked and a tick in the IR35 box whatever the answer to do you need it or not is. I can't remember the sites that do the proper checks sorry.
              Markel Tax is probably the best of the bunch for a proper review.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Markel Tax is probably the best of the bunch for a proper review.
                Bit Ironic that its the firm with Tax in their name that does the best review
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

No irony here, outside of IR35 arrangements pay a lot of tax that has to be properly calculated...
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Bit like you need to avoid any company that has the word Quality, Premier or similar in their name. They never are. Premier Inn and Quality Hotels are perfect examples. If anyone has the misfortune of knowing the Quality Hotel in Coventry they really need taking to the Trade Descriptions people.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X