• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy Industrial Building

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Industrial Building

Hi guys!!

is it convenient in your opinion to buy an industrial building in order to use the 50% of it and rent the other 50%? In any case is it convenient to buy it?

Thank you in advance!!

No it's not. It's very inconvenient to buy it and alsorts of complexities about it's use, size, tax and so on.

Didn't you post a question about over paying your accountant? If you think you are paying him to much why aren't you using him to answer all these questions so you get your moneys worth out of him.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      No it's not. It's very inconvenient to buy it and alsorts of complexities about it's use, size, tax and so on.

Didn't you post a question about over paying your accountant? If you think you are paying him to much why aren't you using him to answer all these questions so you get your moneys worth out of him.
      if you are so tired and bothered to reply to my questions do not do it please....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBaco78 View Post

if you are so tired and bothered to reply to my questions do not do it please....
        How many people on a contractor forum do you think have bought industrial buildings ? Why not ask on a business forum instead ?

This forum is for disguised employees, not businesses.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It's an investment choice I suppose. The question is what would you use it for?
          If just for investment I recommend strongly against commercial property right now.
          - Covid has decimated demand for offices.
          - Online retail has decimated demand for storage/warehousing unless you're Amazon (perhaps Brexit might restore some of that but you need to think big, not just a poxy industrial unit)
          - business rates. We don't know what's going to happen with those

So unless YOU have a need for premises, or YOU have a need for storage, don't bother. Invest elsewhere.

As for convenience???? WTF do you mean??? Anything that's for sale is going to be fairly straightforward to buy if you have the £££££. I don;t understand the question.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBaco78 View Post

It's not the question per se, just the poor way it's phrased, along with the two other lazy questions. You can't answer 'should I buy an industrial building'. It's too simplistic so impossible to give you anything useful. If you'd put some time and effort in to explaining the situation with some numbers or an idea we could help but a one liner on such a complex situation is nigh on impossible to respond to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              It's an investment choice I suppose. The question is what would you use it for?
              If just for investment I recommend strongly against commercial property right now.
              - Covid has decimated demand for offices.
              - Online retail has decimated demand for storage/warehousing unless you're Amazon (perhaps Brexit might restore some of that but you need to think big, not just a poxy industrial unit)
              - business rates. We don't know what's going to happen with those

So unless YOU have a need for premises, or YOU have a need for storage, don't bother. Invest elsewhere.

As for convenience???? WTF do you mean??? Anything that's for sale is going to be fairly straightforward to buy if you have the £££££. I don;t understand the question.

Au Contraire, mom ami.
              I have some experience of this market and warehousing industrial property is in short supply at present. Even a poxy industrial unit is achieving top dollar and in some cases above that.
              Commercial property has some better tax advantages for landlords. Remember the conservative government since 2010 are the biggest bunch of buy-to-let-hating bar stewards we have ever seen and have completely shot the tax advantages on residential BTL.
              I would still recommend commercial property. Personally, I would be picking at the leisure market.
              You are right about office space and business rates.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Au Contraire, mom ami.
                I have some experience of this market and warehousing industrial property is in short supply at present. Even a poxy industrial unit is achieving top dollar and in some cases above that.
                Commercial property has some better tax advantages for landlords. Remember the conservative government since 2010 are the biggest bunch of buy-to-let-hating bar stewards we have ever seen and have completely shot the tax advantages on residential BTL.
                I would still recommend commercial property. Personally, I would be picking at the leisure market.
                You are right about office space and business rates.
                Doesn't it getting even more complex with the fact you can hold a commercial property in a pension so could that be more advantageous than in the business? Just guessing here like. Guess it totally depends on what type of commercial property it is. Shop with flat or dirty great industrial unit etc?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Doesn't it getting even more complex with the fact you can hold a commercial property in a pension so could that be more advantageous than in the business? Just guessing here like. Guess it totally depends on what type of commercial property it is. Shop with flat or dirty great industrial unit etc?
                  You could hold a shop with residential uppers for example in a pension as far as I am aware.

I just used to find them, market and advertise them and broker the deals.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by testmangler View Post

how many people on a contractor forum do you think have bought industrial buildings ? Why not ask on a business forum instead ?

This forum is for disguised employees, not businesses.
                    i am going to leave this forum....too may people that are disguised helper....

Comment

Working...
                    X