• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage Claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Claim

Hi all!!

if I have on my own company 2 employees in total, me and another one, do I need to count the miles we are doing till reach 10000 (after that is 25p/mile) per year in total or is it for every person? we are using two different personal cars...

Thank you very much in advance.

The mileage limits are per person, not per company.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBaco78 View Post
      Hi all!!

if I have on my own company 2 employees in total, me and another one, do I need to count the miles we are doing till reach 10000 (after that is 25p/mile) per year in total or is it for every person? we are using two different personal cars...

The employees would be you and the wife? In which case neither of you are employees. Even if it's not the wife I bet the other person isn't an employee either

You know, odd thing, but if you type in 'is mileage per person' in to google the first result is someone asking exactly the same on accountingweb
      Last edited by northernladuk; 27 September 2021, 22:51.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBaco78 View Post
        Hi all!!

It's up to 45p per mile per employee up to 10,000 per tax year (6 April - 5 April). So if you have two different personal cars, it's 10,000 miles each and yes, it then drops to up to 25p per mile over 10,000 miles.

If you're both sharing a car, the one claiming the mileage can claim up to 5p extra per mile for the passenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

If you're both sharing a car, the one claiming the mileage can claim up to 5p extra per mile for the passenger.
          He isn't doing that as he's also trying to get around the 24 month rule by one person attending at a time
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

It's up to 45p per mile per employee up to 10,000 per tax year (6 April - 5 April). So if you have two different personal cars, it's 10,000 miles each and yes, it then drops to up to 25p per mile over 10,000 miles.

what if the passenger isn't working at a temporary workplace? Can the driver still claim 5p?
            What about more than one passenger? Is it 5p per passenger, or 5p if there are any number of passengers?

Just trying to give OP options
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

what if the passenger isn't working at a temporary workplace? Can the driver still claim 5p?
              What about more than one passenger? Is it 5p per passenger, or 5p if there are any number of passengers?

Just trying to give OP options
              and 2.5p for his kids, too?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

and 2.5p for his kids, too?
                FYI: Dropping your kids off at the pool is something you might do on clients' time, but is not a valid business journey.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

FYI: Dropping your kids off at the pool is something you might do on clients' time, but is not a valid business journey.
                  You're not thinking outside of the box here. Alongside your IT business, you do a child-care business (surely it doesn't matter that its your own kids), and dropping off kids anywhere is therefore an allowable expense!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

You're not thinking outside of the box here. Alongside your IT business, you do a child-care business (surely it doesn't matter that its your own kids), and dropping off kids anywhere is therefore an allowable expense!
                    I'm not sure you understand the phrase "dropping your kids off at the pool"
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X