• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Billing with no payroll, but get dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

More info is needed on this but yes you can pay dividends to yourself and not have a salary from your company. However, as others have mentioned, what other income do you have aside from your company? From income and tax point of view, we'd all need a bit more information from you to give you general advice. If you have a PAYE scheme set up in your company and you don't pay yourself a salary, you'll still need to submit an EPS each month through RTI. If you have a salary from elsewhere, how much is it? That would determine whether it's worth while putting through a salary from your company or just taking a dividend. Do you need the money from your company?
    Hi,
    sorry for the late reply and thanks all for your responses. I wanted to do my reading and have better understanding before provide an answer.

I've found information in HMRC that specify that I could use the personal allowance for dividends, so that topic looks good.

I don't have any other incomes or salary.

I don't think I need a PAYE scheme if I don't pay a salary myself, am I right?. For the EPS (Employer Payment Summary) can I just inform HMRC that I won't pay any employees anymore and avoid the EPS monthly submission? do I really need to submit an EPS if I'm not running a payroll at all?

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by iandres View Post

Hi,
      sorry for the late reply and thanks all for your responses. I wanted to do my reading and have better understanding before provide an answer.

I've found information in HMRC that specify that I could use the personal allowance for dividends, so that topic looks good.

I don't have any other incomes or salary.

I don't think I need a PAYE scheme if I don't pay a salary myself, am I right?. For the EPS (Employer Payment Summary) can I just inform HMRC that I won't pay any employees anymore and avoid the EPS monthly submission? do I really need to submit an EPS if I'm not running a payroll at all?

Regards.
      If you do not register the company for payroll with HMRC (my side hustle Ltd company, for example) then there is nothing to report.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X