• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FSCA chair is complaining about being bullied

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Non-compliance with what? If you mean their own rules, which members are not compliant and why not list them here?
    Well that and didn't some of their members mess up holiday pay or something which is legislated? Then there is furlough and I'm sure others.

It's not for me to list them, it's for them to sort themselves out so there isn't whispers and hearsay that all their members aren't quite as good as they say.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The problem is that at the moment what they have done with regards to holiday pay is not unlawful (unless someone manages to challenge it in the court and win to set a precedent), it is instead immoral. On normal employment contracts this can be standard - unfortunately as we all know this is not really "standard" employment so in my eyes should be treated differently.
      The other issue is that as an umbrella company we are in law required to accrue holiday pay, which makes this issue more prominent as the umbrella is holding that money. If the holiday pay was rolled up then this wouldn't have been an issue! Time for legislation rethink for definite!

Comment

Like you said Lucy, immoral, yes. Illegal, unfortunately not.
        Although surely there's a legal challenge that could be put to the FCSA regarding the umbrellas conduct and offering agencies 50% of unused holiday?
        It would also be interesting to know the action taken by the FCSA to said umbrella companies... I think it's safe to say there would be none taken. The rather familiar stance of who you know and not what you know in regards to the FCSA. The sooner they're gone, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanbanthankyoumam View Post
          Although surely there's a legal challenge that could be put to the FCSA regarding the umbrellas conduct and offering agencies 50% of unused holiday?
          It would also be interesting to know the action taken by the FCSA to said umbrella companies... I think it's safe to say there would be none taken. The rather familiar stance of who you know and not what you know in regards to the FCSA. The sooner they're gone, the better.
          Technically the FCSA does not monitor joint employment schemes although professional passport does.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Hanbanthankyoumam View Post
            It this 50% "commission" bit true???????

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

It this 50% "commission" bit true???????
              It wasn't an umbrella scheme but an offer from a FCSA registered firm who operate a separate Joint Employment scheme (which the FCSA don't regulate because there be awkward demons there).

The offer was that any money from unused holiday would be split 50/50 with the agency with the implication that the joint employment firm would not be making any effort to highlight that holiday's hadn't been taken.

As for the name of the umbrella firm involved I suspect if you looked at this data from Offpayroll https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9sw/edit#gid=0 it will give you a clue

Comment

I wonder what the "chair" will have to say about this!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dave-...104634368-bM3f

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post
                  I wonder what the "chair" will have to say about this!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dave-...104634368-bM3f
                  Dave Chaplin will be ignored - he actually isn't saying anything new there and the FCSA just regard him as background noise.

The problem is that Dave needs to understand you can't deal with the FCSA by arguing with them - you remove their foundations bit by bit by offering something better that more closely meets agencies needs - and HMRC are being very clear here - check that every penny you pay is going to the correct place or Customs and Excise will be coming after the VAT side of the transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Dave Chaplin will be ignored - he actually isn't saying anything new there and the FCSA just regard him as background noise.

The problem is that Dave needs to understand you can't deal with the FCSA by arguing with them - you remove their foundations bit by bit by offering something better that more closely meets agencies needs - and HMRC are being very clear here - check that every penny you pay is going to the correct place or Customs and Excise will be coming after the VAT side of the transaction.
                    Part 2 is probably just confirming your above ... but I don't think Dave will stop by the looks of it. #GoDave

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dave-...844603392-aveG

Comment

There is a very good attack line you can use within the FCSAS reply (one that the FCSA CEO has repeated elsewhere)

Dave however hasn't even noticed it but as he's blocked me for pointing out his stupidity in the past I will save the flaw for own marketing
                      Last edited by eek; 11 May 2021, 19:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X