• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marius123 View Post
    Been a fair few years since I applied for a 'permie' mortgage - definitely used to be "here's my payslips". Looking briefly at Nationwide's site they seem to just be asking for a single payslip for permies. They do then go on to state later that limited company directors may be 'treat as self employed' so anyway.

Either way, I suspect transparency is the key here for now and will see what the broker and someone sensible direct at a bank (if that's possible) say
    Not sure why aren't really listening. If you want to try direct at the banks you are gonna have to hunt around and hope you find a bank that is contractor friendly. Even if you have you are gonna have to find someone to speak to that actually has a clue and then on top of that your set up is unique. The contractor friendly banks go on a day rate and have rules around how many months to go on the contract and stuff. You having 6 clients is gonna make their hard spin. You also aren't a permie so fudging that isn't going to be easy. Getting found out and refused too many times isn't going to help your credit score.

But feel free to keep thrashing around. Keep us updated how you get on.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X