• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hargreaves Landsdown pension transfer out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Me too.

Things have progressed since yesterday. I had messaged HL a week ago, and they said they would see if they could speed it up (I was under no illusions).

Today I got a message from II, my new provider.

3 of my funds aren't supported by II- I can swap into different classes, transfer those as cash, leave with HL.

I have chose to swap to different classes, and they are now moving to the valuation stage. I think in normal times they say can take 8-12 weeks.
    I'm not sure if the funds are the same in both platforms. To be honest it's not worth my time to check. We'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

I will update progress as mine goes through. I'm under no illusions. But it's not like I'm transferring cash (in specie). I'm transferring funds so any growth will carry on whilst it's done.
    Me too.

Things have progressed since yesterday. I had messaged HL a week ago, and they said they would see if they could speed it up (I was under no illusions).

Today I got a message from II, my new provider.

3 of my funds aren't supported by II- I can swap into different classes, transfer those as cash, leave with HL.

I have chose to swap to different classes, and they are now moving to the valuation stage. I think in normal times they say can take 8-12 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

I queried this with my provider. They now say HL are telling them they are currently dealing with requests from week of 13th Jan.
    I will update progress as mine goes through. I'm under no illusions. But it's not like I'm transferring cash (in specie). I'm transferring funds so any growth will carry on whilst it's done.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I initiated my transfer out from HL recently.

I messaged them, and they sent me this link http://www.hl.co.uk/__data/assets/pd...r-Out-Form.pdf

They've been telling my new provider for last 10 days they are still processing transfer requests from first week of December.
    I queried this with my provider. They now say HL are telling them they are currently dealing with requests from week of 13th Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

They might be slow, but their number is on their website:
    https://www.hl.co.uk/contact-us
    even better is this number 0117 980 9916

That's the number that other providers use when doing a transfer. I had a 2 minute call with the 'wrong person' who sorted it out.
    Form received and sent

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied

you got a number? Cos I haven't. Secure message only.
    They might be slow, but their number is on their website:
    https://www.hl.co.uk/contact-us

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I initiated my transfer out from HL recently.

I messaged them, and they sent me this link http://www.hl.co.uk/__data/assets/pd...r-Out-Form.pdf

They've been telling my new provider for last 10 days they are still processing transfer requests from first week of December.
    Last edited by jmo21; 16 March 2021, 14:10.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by luxCon View Post

If you transferring a pension from HL to another, you must contact the other first and ask them to initiate transfer from HL, providing your pension details. They then contact HL. Usually its an intercompany electronic system and takes about 3 weeks, but they may ask you to provide a signed form to start the process.

HL are currently way understaffed
    But only in the transfers team. (My bold).

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I think it might be, I’m researching S&S ISA’s and the general theme seems to be that HL are gits for dragging their feet when you want to leave them.
    You have done very well avoiding them. There's no reason at all why anyone should continue to pay the outrageous charges to HL to own funds. Their marketing and sales teams are obviously world class and their return on capital as a business is incredible. Customer inertia is their best friend in that respect.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

you got a number? Cos I haven't. Secure message only.
    Got their priority line on speed dial. Rang them earlier and they told me not to pass it on sorry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X